The Hefin Agility Course requires level 77 Agility (boosts do not work) and completion of Plague's End quest to access. Found in the inner ring of Prifddinas in the Hefin Clan district, the course traverses the entirety of the Hefin district going up to the top of the Hefin Cathedral and then back down again.
In contrast to most other Agility courses, actions performed on the Hefin Agility Course can never fail, regardless of Agility level. Experience gained for traversing every obstacle and the full lap bonus are scaled and increase every 5 Agility levels. It is not possible to leave the course by any means other than finishing it (or dying), as teleportation is not allowed.
Values in parentheses refer to Agility experience gained during the Voice of Seren.
|Level||Obstacles (x6)||Lap bonus||Total experience|
|77||44 (52.8)||440 (528)||704 (844.8)|
|82||55 (66)||550 (660)||880 (1,056)|
|87||66 (79.2)||660 (792)||1,056 (1,267.2)|
|92||74 (88.8)||740 (888)||1,184 (1,420.8)|
|97||83 (99.6)||830 (996)||1,328 (1,593.6)|
*Boosting your Agility level does not give more Agility experience per lap.
The Hefin Agility Course features a unique Velocity mechanic. Players can freely toggle it on or off in an interface that appears when training on the course. If this feature is enabled, a velocity bar will slowly fill after every obstacle traversed. When the bar is filled, the next obstacle will be traversed automatically, without any input from the player, while still gaining agility experience from the traversed obstacle. This results in the bar getting reset and the cycle starts again. A timer is also displayed on this screen, showing the amount of time a player takes to complete a lap (this resets after each lap).
When the Voice of Seren is active, the Velocity bar will be completely filled in one lap.
At the end of every lap, two shortcuts have a chance of spawning on the course. The chance of them spawning is increased when the Voice of Seren is active, and both shortcuts may be active at the same time. They disappear as soon as another lap is completed, regardless of whether or not they were used during that lap. If the velocity bar is filled, shortcuts will be used.
- Window shortcut - The window after the "Traverse Cliff" section is opened, and may be jumped through to skip the "Scale Cathedral" and "Vault Roof" sections, landing right before the "Slide down Zip line" section. No experience is rewarded for the skipped sections.
- Light creature shortcut - A light creature appears on the roof of the cathedral at the zip line section, and may be used to finish the course. No experience is rewarded for the skipped section, but experience is rewarded for finishing the course.
A chatbox message notifies the player when one appears:
A window shortcut has opened in the Hefin mountain.
A light creature has appeared on the roof of the Hefin cathedral.
A perfect lap, including the time taken to go from creature to leaping across the walkway, is approximately 42.0 seconds, or 70 game ticks. In order to maximise experience per hour, a few things need to be taken into account:
- Velocity - make sure that you only use up velocity on the final merging with the creature. This is because when using velocity on this obstacle, the game will actually click to merge with the creature faster than the creature shows up on the screen for the player. You can turn off velocity at 100% while still moving and turn it on again at a better obstacle.
- Be sure to use shortcuts whenever possible. The frequency of shortcuts appearing may be increased by drinking a Perfect juju agility potion.
- Utilise the Voice of Seren - If it's on the Hefin district, you will get additional agility experience, added prayer experience, and increased velocity gain.
- Looking ahead - While running the course, on most obstacles, you can look ahead and right click the next obstacle ahead of the one you are currently on. The only two obstacles you cannot do this with are the vault roof, and the light creature at the end of the course (if using the Java client) as the latter will not spawn until the zip line obstacle is cleared.
- Between the end and beginning of the course, you can right click to move into position for leaping across the walkway. You will run to the spot instead of walk if done correctly.
- Wearing the Nimble outfit or the First age outfit will result in a 6% increase in agility or prayer xp gained, respectively. First age amulet, cape and ring can be worn in combination of a full Nimble outfit.
- Wearing a Collector's Insignia will result in a 5 or 10% increase in Agility experience gained, depending on if the insignia is charged or not. If the Voice of Seren is active in the Hefin district, this bonus will not work.
When the Voice of Seren is active in the Hefin district, players will receive Prayer experience equal to 25% of the Agility experience they receive. When the voice of Seren is not active, no Prayer experience will be awarded.
|Agility level||Experience per hour||Experience per hour (with perfect juju agility potion)||Experience per hour (with Voice of Seren)||Experience per hour (with Voice of Seren and perfect juju agility potion)|
After every lap, players have a chance to obtain a reward from a light creature. A list of potential rewards is given below.
After completing 200 laps on the course you will also be awarded with a title (to see your lap count, hover over the word "time" in the velocity interface):
When completing a lap in over 10 minutes you will be awarded with the title:
|Spicy stew||1||Common||Not sold|
|Summer pie||1||Very rare||682|
|Hefin Ward||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Hefin Lotus||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Hefin Crane||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Hefin Bow||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Prifddinian worker's robes||1||Common||Not sold|
|Prifddinian worker's trousers||1||Common||Not sold|
|Prifddinian worker's boots||1||Common||Not sold|
|Prifddinian worker's gloves||1||Common||Not sold|
|Amlodd symbol piece||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Cadarn symbol piece||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crwys symbol piece||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Hefin symbol piece||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Ithell symbol piece||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Iorwerth symbol piece||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Meilyr symbol piece||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Trahaearn symbol piece||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Voice of the Elders lore page||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Corrupted ore||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Agility potion (3)||1||Rare||395|
|Hefin course multiplier||1–3||Rare||Not sold|
|Truthful shadow core||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Blissful shadow core||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Manifest shadow core||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Small XP lamp (Prayer)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Small XP lamp (Agility)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Crystal acorn||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- ^ A page is received every 20 laps.
- A perfect lap without shortcuts (not including the run from Light Creature to start of walkway jump) is 40 seconds on the timer. This is, however, very difficult to achieve; so players should expect a 41 second minimum lap.
- Originally, a full velocity bar would ignore shortcuts if present, proceeding onto the next obstacle. This was later changed.