Upon death, the helm does not appear under your gravestone. However, if lost, it may be reclaimed from Diango.
|Armour||51||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0.5625%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- Once per day, while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be basilisks. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures (Chaeldar, Sumona, Vannaka) – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly to a choice of locations where basilisks can be found.
- The odds of receiving the basilisk head drop are doubled.
- A right-click "check kills" option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat interface but is seen above your character by those around you.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer XP and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer XP and double drop effects to the mask.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player also unlocks emote in which they can transform into a basilisk for few seconds.
- This mask will also act as a face mask and a mirror shield (for basilisks and cockatrice, but doesn't work on the Basilisk boss).
- The helmet's name is derived from the etymology of the word basilisk, which comes from the Greek word "basiliskos" (βασιλίσκος) meaning "Little King".
Slayer masks and helms
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.