A Heraldic helmet is a decorative Steel or Rune full helm. Players can paint them on a Pluming stand, Shield easel, or Banner easel in a Player-owned house if they have level 38 Crafting or higher and have been assigned a crest by Sir Renitee in the White Knights' Castle. Sir Renitee will not assign a crest unless the player has over level 16 Construction. A player's first crest assignment is free, and it costs 5k to change your crest to another one, however some crests have other requirements, detailed below. Players can use a Pluming stand in another player's house if they do not have one in theirs. The helmets have exactly the same stats as their Steel or Rune counterparts. They are untradeable and the paint cannot be removed.
Note: The Saradomin and Zamorak heraldic helmets will NOT offer protection in the God Wars Dungeon as they are made by the player, not blessed or 'recognised' by the gods.
|Arrav||Shield of Arrav||File:Herald arrav helm.png|
|Asgarnia||None||File:Herald asgarnia helm.png|
|Dorgeshuun||The Lost Tribe||File:Herald dorgeshuun helm.png|
|Dragon||Dragon slayer||File:Herald dragon helm.png|
|Fairy||Lost City||File:Herald fairy helm.png|
|Guthix||70+ Prayer||File:Herald guthix helm.png|
|H.A.M.||None||File:Herald HAM helm.png|
|Horse||Toy horsey in inventory||File:Herald horse helm.png|
|Jogre||None||File:Herald jogre helm.png|
|Kandarin||None||File:Herald kandarin helm.png|
|Misthalin||None||File:Herald misthalin helm.png|
|Money||Cost 500,000 coins||File:Herald money helm.png|
|Saradomin||70+ Prayer||File:Herald saradomin helm.png|
|Skull||Skulled while talking to sir Renitee||File:Herald Skull helm.png|
|Varrock||None||File:Herald varrock helm.png|
|Zamorak||70+ Prayer||File:Herald zamorak helm.png|
- Interestingly (and to some: frustratingly), the Guthix, Saradomin and Zamorak Painted heraldic Helmets, Kiteshields, and Banners do not correspond with the Full Rune armour sets that can be retrieved from Treasure Trails. They do however, seem to match the God Capes from the Mage Arena.
- Since there are now Full Helmets and Kiteshields (that do not always fit with an existing armour type), it's more than reasonable to expect full sets of heraldic (melee) armour to be designed - or already in the process.
- You can look almost exactly like a Black Knight by wearing the Zamorak Heraldic helm and full black, with no shield and a black longsword, although it is recommended that you also add Mime boots and a pair of Gloves (Black, from Recipe For Disaster).
- The "Money" painted helm seems to resemble a gold trimmed Bronze full helmet, which is interesting because Bronze is the cheapest melee armour there is, while "Money" would suggest otherwise.
- The Varrock helm possesses a similar appearance and equal stats (if a rune full helm is used) to the Gilded full helmet, but with a far lower price.
- The examine information of the Horse heraldic helmet is in reference to a running gag in RuneScape in which horses are said not to exist. This gag started with the 2004 April Fools event.