Holy water has the base damage and accuracy of a level 50 weapon. It has a passive effect that vastly increases its hit chance against demons (even more so after the Dimension of Disaster upgrade), similarly to the Silverlight and Darklight. It also has a damage bonus although it only works on lesser, greater and black demons. When used, smashed glass is left behind.
Holy water is exceptionally useful when fighting tormented demons, as it lowers their fire shield just as Darklight would. Traditionally, Darklight would be used on the shield instead, but their melee prayer would have to be dealt with first. Because the demons do not initially protect against Ranged, one can simply throw a vial of holy water and immediately proceed to fight as normal. Holy water is also useful in that one can swap between magic and range without entering melee distance or leaving one's safespot.
Holy water is an excellent weapon to use against Demon Flash Mob. Its accuracy boost on demons over conventional weapons makes defeating the bosses much easier. The minions seem to be extremely weak to holy water; one can regularly reach the maximum damage cap without the effect of Death's Swiftness.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Holy water will provide increased accuracy against the following creatures:
Holy water will provide increased damage against the following creatures:
Making holy water
The making of holy water is learned during the Legends' Quest. It cannot be made by players who have not made sufficient progress into the quest.
- Prepare the required number of enchanted vials by using a Binding book on an empty vial. Enchanted vials do not stack in inventory.
- Bring one blessed gold bowl and enchanted vials. Go to the water pool. (Access choices below) Use a machete (tool belt works) to cut a reed by the water pool in the Kharazi jungle.
- Use the reed on the water pool to fill the blessed gold bowl. (Becomes Golden bowl)
- Use the Golden bowl with enchanted vial to create 15 holy water, which will stack in inventory.
Suggested process: Start at TzHaar Fight Cave. Bring one blessed gold bowl, hollow reed (or an empty space if you have to cut a reed) and 26 enchanted vials. Wear TokKul-Zo (Charged) and use fairy ring from TzHaar to Kharazi jungle CJS After filling all vials, empty the bowl and fill it again. Return with TokKul-Zo to Fight Cave. Fill another 15 enchanted vial from bank with the Golden bowl.
Alternately, you can make multiple blessed golden bowls which can be filled at the pool and used to fill 15 vials each back at a bank to save trips. Also, if you carry the Binding book you can have a follower carry normal vials to be enchanted at the pool since filled vials stack.
To reach the water pool for making holy water:
- Fairy ring CJS to the Kharazi Jungle (requires the ring to be repaired with 5 bittercap mushrooms).
- A juju teleport spiritbag, which brings the players to Herblore Habitat.
- The Karamja gloves 3 teleport to the Shilo Village gem mine.
- Fairy ring CKR to south of Tai Bwo Wannai.
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- In the In Memory of the Myreque miniquest, the player suggests that Vampyres dislike holy water as was shown during The Branches of Darkmeyer. However, vampyres do not have any vulnerabilities to this weapon.
- Holy water became a tier 50 weapon, up from tier 5, on 16 May 2016. Its passive effect against demons was lessened to compensate. The production process was also changed to be less tedious.
Main hand thrown weapons