|Release date||20 November 2012 (Update)|
|Spin on the spot, dealing 66-219% weapon damage to all adjacent targets, hitting your main target a second time dealing 84-161% weapon damage.|
Click animation for full size
When activated, the player spins on the spot, dealing 66-219% ability damage to all targets in a 3x3 area of the player, including targets standing on the player's square. The player's main target is hit a second time for 84-161% ability damage. Targets standing behind walls are not damaged.
Hurricane is fairly similar to Quake, however:
- Hurricane deals more damage due to its higher minimum damage and second hit.
- Hurricane does not reduce defence nor raise affinity values.
- Although the ability's name is "Hurricane", the symbol is of a tornado.
- Hurricane used to deal 400% weapon damage, but due to a change in the beta which significantly increased damage of all weapons, this was reduced to 188% damage. With the release of Legacy Mode, Hurricane's damage was raised to a maximum of 219%. The update on 13 July 2015 added a second hit to Hurricane that deals 84-161% weapon damage to the main target.
- Hurricane was known as Whirlwind in Jagex's test servers for the Evolution of Combat.