Illuminated god books are the upgraded version of the god books from Horror from the Deep. Players can make these after completion of the One Piercing Note quest if they have 60 Prayer and 60 Crafting (boosts can be used). The first time each type of book is crafted, 10,000 prayer and crafting experience is given to the player.
The look of the book will also change if it is illuminated, and making an illuminated book does not destroy the original. Players can own more than one copy of the same illuminated god book at once. Once an illuminated book is made, the original can be discarded, as the illuminated book may be used to create more. Also, the illuminated book, if lost, can be reattained from a bookcase in a Player Owned House.
With and update on 22 February 2016, the god books/illuminated god book now have a proc effect that activates in combat and the effect is depending on god. This effect needs to be charged and is done by using the coresponding torn page on a illuminated god book, each page adds 45 minutes charge and can be activated and deactivated.
Creating an illuminated god book
Making an illuminated god book requires the completion of One Piercing Note as well as 60 prayer and crafting. To make an illuminated god book, use a completed god book on the Book-making table in the room most south of Abbess Benita.
Each of the 4 steps in copying the book requires 200–250 prayer points, with each successive step requiring fewer prayer points. Therefore, having 80 prayer makes the process of creating illuminated god books faster and easier.
These steps must be done in order, otherwise the god book will be ruined:
- Copy text
- Embellish initial capitals
- Add colour
- Add gold leaf
If player runs out of prayer points required to finish a step, there is an altar in the oratory at the east end of the abbey to recharge prayer. This allows the player to make multiple books without having to leave the abbey. It is possible to do the last step without having 200 prayer points remaining. Overall, if a prayer renewal potion is used, you can keep creating "sections" of the book each time your prayer points reach 210.
|Illuminated holy book||Nothing||-||-||-||-||-||-||0||0||4||7||7||7|
|Illuminated unholy book||Nothing||-||-||-||-||-||-||0||0||4||7||7||7|
|Illuminated book of balance||Nothing||-||-||-||-||-||-||0||0||4||7||7||7|
|Illuminated book of law||Nothing||-||-||-||-||-||-||0||0||4||7||7||7|
|Illuminated book of war||Nothing||-||-||-||-||-||-||0||0||4||7||7||7|
|Illuminated ancient book||Nothing||-||-||-||-||-||-||0||0||4||7||7||7|
Messages when book-making
Example using Holy Book:
Use Holy Book on Book-making table
- You begin copying the Holy Book.
- You put some fresh sheets of vellum on the stand and begin copying the manuscript.
Select 1 Copy text
- You neatly copy the text of the book.
Select 2 Embellish initial capitals.
- You embellish the initial capitals.
Select 3 Add colour
- You add colour to the initial capitals.
Select 4 Add gold leaf
- You add gold leaf to the initial capitals.
- Illuminating a Holy Book for the first time makes you feel closer to Saradomin, and you learn more about crafting techniques.
- You gain 10,000 Prayer XP and 10,000 Crafting XP.
- You take the completed book.
Messages if book-making out of order or repeating step
- You begin copying but realise that you have already copied the text. You spoil the copy and will need to start again.
- You put the initial capitals in the wrong places, ruining the manuscript.
- You put colour in the wrong place, ruining the manuscript.
- You put gold leaf in the wrong place, ruining the manuscript.
Message if using book when another book previously started
- You already have an unfinished manuscript on the stand.
Message if starting without using book
- You need to use a completed prayer book on the stand to begin copying.
Message if '1 Copy Text' with no or not enough prayer points
- Your mind wanders and you make a mistake copying the text. You will need to start again.
- The God books are written by the followers of the gods, and aren't official dictates by the gods themselves. This makes them inaccurate with some truth.
- If you own a house that has a bookcase, you can retrieve an illuminated god book from there.
- The crafting and prayer experience received is considered reward experience and is therefore unaffected by experience boosting outfits.
|Illuminated god books||