Inappropriate language or behaviour is a Rule of RuneScape that fits under both the Respect and Security categories. You must not use any language that could be considered offensive, racist, obscene or otherwise inappropriate. This includes swearing. You should not create an account with an offensive or inappropriate username.
More information can be found in the RuneScape Game Guide.
What is NOT allowed
Note that breaking this rule is not limited to the following.
- Discussion of recreational drugs
- Sexually explicit language
- Excessive swearing
- Offensive username
- Asking for a boyfriend or girlfriend in the games
- Mis-spelling an offensive word to disguise it
- Spamming / Flooding the Chat window
- Discussing or advocating illegal activity of any kind
What IS allowed
- Calling someone a "noob"
- Mild swearing, as long as it doesn't bypass the profanity filter.
- Making threats to one's character, not in real life (i.e. PvP)
- Flooding the chat window, but only if there is not a chance it could impair others' gameplay
Why this rule exists
|“||We have this rule to maintain a pleasant environment in our games. For many people it's not much fun playing if there is someone else being rude or offensive, so please consider others when chatting. Also please remember that not everyone playing is the same age or from the same background, so they may be more offended or upset than you expect.||”|
- Inappropriate language or behaviour[ ] at the Game Guide
Jagex Monitoring Software