|Also known as||Inventor|
|Release date||TBD (possibly in 2015) (Update)|
as of 12 Dec 2017
as of 16 Aug 2018
|Players with 120|| 44,082|
as of 27 Jan 2020
as of 27 Jan 2020
Invention (previously called Inventor) will be the 27th skill, and is set to be released in 2015. The name was announced at RuneFest 2013. This skill will be the artisan companion skill to Divination. According to Mod Mark, it is man's defence against the gods.
With this skill players will be able to upgrade weapons and skilling tools. It will also be possible to create contraptions as well as lightning and soul weapons. Players will also be able to combine weapons that they already own.
Contraptions will be the artisan skill equivalent to divine locations. They will consume resources, producing new items in the process, such as turning logs into planks and herbs into explosives and other utilities. Mod Mark also stated that this skill would have effects on not only other NPCs, but in future quests and The Godless.
- 2-handed level 90 weapons were released with Araxxor. These may have replaced the ones originally thought of with inventor.
- The level 90 weapons are combinations of currently existing weapons in game.
- The Magic weapon seems to be made from a Grifolic wand, Virtus wand, Seismic wand, Armadyl battlestaff and a Mystic orb.
- The Melee weapon seems to be made from a Drygore longsword, Dharok's greataxe, Bandos godsword and Dragon dagger.
- The Ranged weapon seems to be made from a Karil's crossbow, Royal crossbow, Zaryte bow and a Magic shieldbow.
- The release priority of Invention was the subject of the first Dragonstone tier Power to the Players poll in 2014. It competed against the expansion of Prifddinas for a July/August 2014 release with the losing option being released later. Invention subsequently lost the poll and will therefore be released after the additions to Prifddinas, and could be as late as 2015.