- K'ril Tsutsaroth is a God Wars Dungeon boss and is called the 'Zamorak Boss' in RuneScape's Quick Chat feature.
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Assigned by||Unknown edit|
Once thought of as nothing more than a myth, this beast of the darkness has destroyed towns and levelled entire cities, leaving nobody alive to confirm his existence. This intense brutality and strength has ensured his position as one of Zamorak's most feared tools of destruction. His powerful melee attacks will crush all but the strongest of warriors.
K'ril Tsutsaroth is currently the fifth strongest monster in RuneScape after Nomad, TzTok-Jad, the Spirit Beast, and the Corporeal Beast, and the fourth strongest attackable monster after Nomad, TzTok-Jad, and the Corporeal Beast. He is the boss of the Zamorak Fortress in the God Wars Dungeon. To gain access to his chamber, players must kill 40 Zamorakians. He uses melee and magic attacks. He can hit up to 46 with melee attacks and 30 with magic. K'ril Tsutsaroth has a special attack that slams through your protection prayer and may hit up to 49. When he does he will lower your prayer points by half the amount of damage done. Players should still use Protect from Melee however, as he won't hit as often as he would without it. Another viable option is to use protect from Magic with extremely high defensive armours such as Barrows. The benefits of this are that K'ril's relatively common magic attacks will be blocked, his attacks will be easier to resist, and the special attack will be avoided, meaning fewer massive hits, as well as prayer drains. K'ril has a surprisingly low defence level for his combat level meaning that hitting him is fairly easy, although his low defence is counter-balanced by his ability to hit through a players prayer.
He is most often killed for the Zamorak hilt, but some players kill him (or his bodyguards) for Slayer.
K'ril can poison and start at 16 damage per hit, making him the most poisonous monster in the game. Being such a poisonous monster, K'ril is immune to all forms of poison. K'ril Tsutsaroth also says the following lines:
- Attack them, you dogs!
- Death to Saradomin's dogs!
- Kill them, you cowards!
- The Dark One will have their souls!
- Zamorak curse them!
- Rend them limb from limb!
- No retreat!
- Flay them all!
If K'ril Tsutsaroth yells "YARRRRRRR!", players will get the following message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through your protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained. This is K'ril Tsutsaroth's attack that hits through prayer, which also drains the player's prayer points by half the damage done.
K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a Lesser demon, thus killing him counts towards any Lesser Demon Slayer Task, and also allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of a Black mask or Slayer helmet, if they have a Lesser Demon Slayer Task. Players will earn 350.5 Slayer experience if they slay K'ril Tsutsaroth on their Lesser Demon slayer task.
- Head: Verac's Helmet/Helmet of neitiznot/Torag's helmet/Berserker Helmet/Saradomin coif/Zamorak coif
- Torso: Karil's leathertop/Torag's platebody/Black d'hide/Saradomin d'hide/Zamorak d'hide/Bandos Chestplate
- Legs: Verac's plateskirt/Karil's leatherskirt/Torag's platelegs/Dharok's platelegs/Bandos Tassets/Black d'hide
- Cape: Fire cape/Skill Cape(trimmed, if possible)/Saradomin cloak/Zamorak cloak/Obsidian cape/Cape of Legends/Saradomin cape/Zamorak cape/Ava's accumulator(only if ranging)/ Ardougne Cloak 3 (for prayer bonus).
- Arrows: If using a bow, Rune arrows or Dragon arrows; If using a crossbow, Ruby bolts (e) and Diamond bolts (e) (ruby for first half of health, then diamond for rest), Dragon bolts (e) (very effective special attack) or Onyx bolts (e) can do the trick.
- Shield: Divine spirit shield/Elysian spirit shield/Dragonfire shield/Toktz-ket-xil/Granite shield/Dragon sq shield/Crystal shield
Weapons and armour
- Zamorakian spear (rare)
- Steam Battlestaff (rare)
- Adamant platebody (common)
- Rune sq shield (very rare)
- Rune kiteshield (extremely rare)
- Rune 2 handed sword
- Rune Spear (extremely rare)
- Rune platelegs (common)
- Rune scimitar (common)
- Shield left half (rare)
- Rune battleaxe
- 295-300 Adamant arrow(p++) (uncommon)
- 38-42 Rune arrows (rare)
- 20 Adamant javelins (rare)
- Dragon dagger(p++) (uncommon)
- Dragon medium helm (rare)
- 5 Rune javelins (extremely rare)
- Coins (various, approximately 20,000)
- Zamorak hilt (rare)
- God Sword Shard 1
- God Sword Shard 2
- God Sword Shard 3
- 3 Lantadyme seeds
- 45 Law Runes (extremely rare)
- 120-123 Death runes (very common)
- 65 Nature runes
- 80-90 Blood runes
- 7-13 Grimy Lantadymes (noted)
- 3 Super attack potion (3) and 3 Super strength potion (3) (together)
- 3 Super restore potion (3) and 3 Zamorak brew (3) (together)
- Half of a key (uncommon)
- Clue scroll Level 3
- 100 Silver ore (very rare)
- Chaos Talisman (very rare)
- K'ril Tsutsaroth may be classified as an Elder Demon, yet Slayer Masters classify him as a Lesser Demon.
- Though he is classified as a Lesser Demon, he has wings like a Greater Demon.
- He is affected by Silverlight/Darklight, but only bring them if you're willing to lose them.
- In game, K'ril Tsutsaroth has two swords but in the Runescape Duel Cards he has one.
- K'ril Tsutsaroth is currently the highest-levelled monster in the game to drop a clue scroll.
- Though he is a lesser demon, he cannot drop its corresponding champion scroll.