|Release||27 May 2014 (Update)|
|A powerful demon from the Kal'gerion plane.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|105 / 70 / 35|
5 ticks (3.0s)
Kal'gerion demons can be assigned as a Slayer task by Kuradal or Morvran, to players with at least level 90 Slayer, but this is not required to kill them normally. However, 90 Dungeoneering is required to attack them.
Kal'gerion demons are primarily killed for their uncut onyx, Demon slayer equipment and Kal'gerion battle commendation drops. Obtaining and using five Kal'gerion battle commendations is a requirement for the trimmed completionist cape.
- Kal'gerion resource dungeon, within the Daemonheim peninsula. Requires level 90 Dungeoneering to enter.
- Demonic Ruins.
If the player is killing Kal'gerion demons for a Slayer assignment then they can gain 20% additional Slayer experience by equipping a demonic skull while killing them at the Demonic Ruins. They can gain another 20% extra experience per kill if they accept a special slayer contract from Erskine while assigned Kal'gerion demons as a Slayer task if they kill the demons at the Demonic Ruins. These experience bonuses stack, meaning the player may gain 40% extra Slayer experience. Completing a special slayer contract rewards the player with a choice of coins or combat experience.
Kal'gerion demons have high defence and life points. While they list no explicit weakness, magic is the most consistently hitting style and provides the best defence against their melee attacks. However, an upgraded Darklight from the Dimension of Disaster quest will also work well, in addition to dealing more damage to the demons. If accuracy is a problem, players can try using various accuracy bonuses such as a Slayer helm with a Kal'gerion demon task, prayers, overloads, Reaper necklace, Scrimshaw of ranging, Sharpshooter aura, or a Blood nihil familiar.
Kal'gerion demons only deal melee-type damage, but their attacks are long-ranged, so they cannot be safespotted.
Be wary of using multi-target attacks, as more than one demon attacking could prove problematic.
The demons have two possible special attacks. Each demon will only special attack once in the entire fight. In the resource dungeon, the special attacks can be avoided by hiding behind the rocks scattered throughout the dungeon. There are no such rocks in the Wilderness, so you will most likely take damage unless you hide behind a wall in the Demonic Ruins. The demon will charge up the special attack; in some cases, it can still be hurt while charging, and in others, be invulnerable to incoming damage during the animation. Stuns will not interrupt the special attack. Both special attacks deal typeless damage which cannot be reduced by prayers or blocked by Devotion, and will ignore Resonance, Reflect, Debilitate, and any other damage reduction abilities such as Anticipation or Pulverise. However, the damage can be blocked by Barricade, or reduced by 50–100% with a defender, rebounder or repriser. The special attacks also will not trigger a Portent of restoration.
- Drag - The demon drags its target, dealing high damage and healing itself. Players will be dealt up to 1,000 damage while the demon will heal for 5,062 life points (15% of their maximum). This attack will also bind the player without leaving a status icon indicating such. Freedom and Anticipation will not block the drag or bind, but Freedom will still clear the bind if activated afterwards. Barricade will block the damage, but will not stop the heal, drag, or bind.
- True power - The demon jumps in the air and smashes the ground, dealing approximately 800–1,200 damage.
Special attacks will also be followed almost simultaneously by a standard melee attack from the demon. In the Rush of Blood Distraction and Diversion and those in the Sunken Pyramid, the demon may attempt one of these two attacks, but they will have no effect on the player.
There is an additional attack that will also be used by the demon if you hide behind a rock or move too far away. The demons can do this at any time, and more than once per fight. It is possible for this attack to override one of the main special attacks.
- Flame portal - The demon casts a flame portal over their target's last position, dealing anywhere from 400-700 damage every few ticks. This portal will damage the player in a 3x3 radius and will disappear after a short time.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 6,732 kills.|
3 charms are dropped at a time.
|Grimy avantoe||5 (noted)||Common||5,055|
|Grimy dwarf weed||5 (noted)||Common||31,865|
|Grimy irit||5 (noted)||Common||19,375|
|Grimy cadantine||5 (noted)||Common||11,745|
|Grimy lantadyme||5 (noted)||Common||37,165|
|Blood rune||60; 75||Common||40,680–50,850|
|Rune full helm||1||Uncommon||20,892|
|Demon slayer boots||1||Rare||116,177|
|Demon slayer gloves||1||Rare||1,742,433|
|Demon slayer circlet||1||Rare||48,543|
|Demon slayer skirt||1||Rare||55,511|
|Demon slayer torso||1||Rare||47,376|
|Off-hand demon slayer crossbow||1||Rare||31,507|
|Demon slayer crossbow||1||Rare||79,934|
|Adamant bar||8 (noted)||Uncommon||11,880|
|Fire talisman||6 (noted)||Uncommon||2,478|
|Uncut diamond||8 (noted)||Uncommon||20,960|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Lost tokens||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Sealed clue scroll (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Kal'gerion battle commendation||1||Very rare||Not sold|
Rare drop table
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||117,900–144,100|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||10,288|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||13,687|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||561,825–686,675|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||562,200–937,000|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||63,672|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,067,985–1,305,315|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||241,475–304,630|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||12,090–15,252|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||10,325–14,455|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||46,305–56,595|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||195,525–238,975|
|Big bones||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||11,220–13,530|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||314,280–384,120|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||33,930–41,470|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||43,560–53,240|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||20,790–23,760|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||200,475–245,025|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||93,420–114,180|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||6,966|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||104,490–127,710|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||601,830–735,570|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||186,750–228,250|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||204,030–249,370|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||153,315–187,385|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||5,698–6,512|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||346,600|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||11,745–14,355|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||264,600–323,400|
|Yew logs||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||11,560–13,940|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||114,750–140,250|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||13,050–15,950|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||220,590–269,610|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||98,968|
|Hazelmere's signet ring||1||Very rare||1,590,640,621|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||9,878|
- Kal'gerion Commander ( 35) - Unlock the following Kal'gerion battle commendation titles:
- Although their long-distance attack has a magic animation, it is classified as a melee attack. BTS 105 has also said that they use magic, but they do not.
- If the player asks Kuradal on advice on how to kill Kal'gerion demons, she will say that the demon is weak to stabbing attacks, despite not actually having a weakness.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 45,514 kills.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. 6 May 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*