|Release||14 January 2013 (Update)|
|This mighty kalphite is even more powerful than the queen.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|1587 / 1058 / 529|
6 ticks (3.6s)
The Kalphite King was first mentioned at RuneFest 2011 in Mod Mark's RuneScape 2012 speech. The Kalphite King is the only monster in the game that can drop the Drygore longsword, mace and rapier, along with their off-hand versions, powerful melee weapons that require 90 attack in order to wield.
The Kalphite King will not allow dwarf multicannons to be set up. Dreadnips and dominion mines can be used, however the latter will not do any damage. Players may leave any time they wish, by teleporting, dying or leaving by the slope they used to enter the lair.
Obtaining all unique drops will unlock the [Name] the Kingslayer title.
The Exiled Kalphite Hive is located south of the Jaldraocht Pyramid in the Kharidian Desert. The easiest way of getting there is running north from Menaphos or using Portmaster Kags (Jaldraocht option) by Menaphos tablet who will deliver the player via boat directly behind the Jaldraocht Pyramid at the Exiled Kalphite Hive. Players can also use the Desert Bandit Camp lodestone and simply run south from there. A third option is to use a pharaoh's sceptre to teleport to the pyramid and run a short distance south.
Upon first entering the hive, there will be a blocked tunnel that can be cleared to create a shortcut (requiring level 23 Agility). This tunnel only needs to be cleared once. Click on the entrance near the tunnel, after which you can make or join a player's instance.
After a player enters the lair, the King will spawn and the fight will begin.
|Damaged chitin||1||Always||Not sold|
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,536 kills.|
20 charms are dropped at a time.
All drops are split amongst a selection of players when using CoinShare/LootShare. Sharks are split into groups of 5, rune bars split into groups of 8, onyx bolts split into groups of 40, black dragonhide split into groups of 20, super restores being split into groups of 4, and earth talismans split into groups of 10. Grimy herbs in groups of 6. Tree seeds are split into groups of 1 or 2.
The average value of a drygore weapon is 21,435,432 coins. With the drop rate of drygore weaponry being 1/43, each kill is worth 502,393 coins excluding normal and rare drop table drops.
|Grimy torstol||30 (noted)||Uncommon||117,180|
|Grimy dwarf weed||30 (noted)||Uncommon||118,650|
|Grimy lantadyme||30 (noted)||Uncommon||144,900|
|Grimy snapdragon||30 (noted)||Uncommon||42,420|
|Grimy kwuarm||30 (noted)||Uncommon||180,840|
|Dwarf weed seed||10||Uncommon||3,200|
|Palm tree seed||5||Uncommon||171,950|
|Shark||50||Common (35/128)[d 1]||28,800|
|Rune bar||40 (noted)||Uncommon||93,040|
|Onyx bolts (e)||200||Rare||1,599,600|
|Black dragonhide||100 (noted)||Uncommon||343,500|
|Super restore (4)||40||Uncommon||161,720|
|Earth talisman||50 (noted)||Uncommon||12,050|
|Rare drop table||2–3||Rare[d 1][d 2]||Not sold|
|Drygore rapier||1||Rare (1/256)[d 1]||14,467,407|
|Drygore longsword||1||Rare (1/256)[d 1]||24,929,996|
|Drygore mace||1||Rare (1/256)[d 1]||15,716,017|
|Off-hand drygore longsword||1||Rare (1/256)[d 1]||26,720,778|
|Off-hand drygore rapier||1||Rare (1/256)[d 1]||23,939,117|
|Off-hand drygore mace||1||Rare (1/256)[d 1]||22,839,278|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite)||1||Rare[d 3]||Not sold|
|Perfect chitin||1||Uncommon (1/50)[d 1][d 4]||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Kalphite claw||1||Very rare[d 5]||Not sold|
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Mod Timbo. "Revealing Drop Rates." 06 October 2017. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ 1/50 to get triple RDT drop
- ^ There is a 1% chance of this being a sealed clue scroll (master) instead
- ^ Requires a tier 80 or higher defender in your inventory or equipped.
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/2,000 with a threshold of 400.
Rare drop table drops
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||112,410–137,390|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||10,747|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||14,001|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||557,910–681,890|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||562,200–937,000|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||63,872|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,060,290–1,295,910|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||260,715–328,902|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||15,665–19,762|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||9,950–13,930|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||33,480–40,920|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||177,525–216,975|
|Big bones||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||10,812–13,038|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||316,620–386,980|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||34,560–42,240|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||42,660–52,140|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||22,120–25,280|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||213,300–260,700|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||91,980–112,420|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||6,978|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||104,670–127,930|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||351,540–429,660|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||127,260–155,540|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||181,935–222,365|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||126,585–154,715|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||4,480–5,120|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||343,900|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||10,980–13,420|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||265,500–324,500|
|Yew logs||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||11,288–13,612|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||112,050–136,950|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||13,455–16,445|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||223,830–273,570|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||120,785|
|Hazelmere's signet ring||1||Very rare||1,671,277,144|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||11,540|
- Best Offence ( 50) - Defeat the Kalphite King after triggering his Immortality and then defeat him again.
- Never Eat Silk Worms ( 40) - Get charged by the Kalphite King to each side of the arena and then defeat him.
- Exiled ( 0) - Obtained a collection of unique drops from the Kalphite King.
- Bug Zapper ( 5) - Defeat the Kalphite King several times depending on the tier.
- The Kalphite King is the first monster to use player abilities against players.
- The Kalphite King was heavily patched with the patch notes of 19 June 2013. The accuracy of drygore weaponry was lowered as they hit too frequently even when using the wrong combat style against him. To compensate, his defences were lowered, but he and his minions had increased damage output.
- For a short time after the Kalphite King was released, using binds and stuns constantly prevented the King from changing combat styles, attacking, and summoning marauders. This was quickly fixed in a hidden update.
- With the release of Legacy Mode, the Kalphite King will spawn in any combat style. Prior to this, it always spawned in melee form. The same update also reduced the slayer experience given upon death from 15,853 slayer experience to 3,963.
- A hidden update to the King turned the instance to last for 60 minutes, after which no more Kalphite Kings will spawn. Players who leave the King's lair will also have to wait for a period of time before they can make or enter another instance.
- On 7 December 2015, Kalphite King received a health bar update which now display his current health on the top of the screen similar to the Raids bosses and Araxxor.
- On 12 September 2016 Kalphite King's Stomp attack was changed into regular attacks against players who stand under him. Before this, Kalphite King would attack players who stood under him for more than 5 seconds with rapid hits of approximately 1,500 damage until they moved out from under him.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 45,715 kills.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 6 May 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
|Ape Atoll and Karamja||
|Elven Lords and Ladies||
|Land of Snow||