|Release||13 June 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||4 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|Exchange||619 coins (info)|
|Examine||A combined earth and fire rune.|
Lava runes are combination runes. They count as two separate runes: one Fire rune and one Earth rune. Thus, any spell requiring one Fire rune, one Earth rune or both will spend only one Lava rune. They can be purchased from the Mage Training Arena, north of the Duel Arena.
Creating the rune
With level 23 Runecrafting, Lava runes can be produced in two ways:
- bring pure essence, fire runes and a fire talisman to the Earth altar
- bring pure essence, earth runes and an earth talisman to the Fire altar
"Use" the talisman on the altar. Tiaras can't be used in place of talismans while crafting combination runes. The talisman is consumed during crafting, unless the player uses the Lunar spell Magic imbue.
Using a Binding necklace, you will have a 100% chance of creating lava runes.
- The Lava battlestaff provides an infinite amount of these runes when equipped.
- Members may purchase lava runes from Mage Training Arena north of Duel Arena (unlimited stock; trade minigame points).
- Lava runes are used for the quest Swan Song.
- 100 Lava runes are also required to build a Volcanic habitat in a POH's Menagerie.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Essence impling jar||N/A||4||Uncommon|
|Zombie (Tarn's Lair)||72; 74; 75; 77; 78; 79; 82; 84; 85||8||Uncommon|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||74.7%|
- As with all combination runes, the most needed for a spell is 30, for the Charge Orb spell series.
- The Lava runes inventory icon, along with the other combination runes, was unaffected by the update on 9 June 2010. The other runes were slightly twisted.