Leela is a spy and the daughter of Osman, former head spymaster of Al Kharid and Pharaoh of Menaphos. She can be found just north of The Skulls Headquarters (the old jail) in Draynor Village and later in Uzer Mastaba with Senliten. She is a descendent of Senliten through her son Osmumten.
Leela moved to Al Kharid at some point with her father, who was the new captain of the guard at the time. A thief broke into the palace and, attracted to her room by her singing The Cactus Lily, tried to woo her and called her "Princess", much to her disgust. She pulled a crossbow on the thief, Ozan, who kissed her then fled when the Palace guard came to her aid. He ended up in the Palace's treasure vault and was caught by Osman, accused of trying to steal the Kharid-ib, and subsequently banished from Al Kharid.
Prince Ali Rescue
Several years later, the heir to the throne of Al Kharid, Prince Ali Mirza, was kidnapped by a gang known as The Skulls. She snuck into their headquarters in Draynor Village and confronted the leader of the gang, a former Kharidian palace guard named Khnum, the thief Ozan and a new initiate to the gang. She mistakenly assumed Ozan was a member of the gang and threatened the three of them if they didn't hand over the prince. Ozan pleaded his innocence, revealing that he had been trying to infiltrate the gang himself for similar purposes by using the new initiate as an inside source. They captured Khnum and forced him to reveal his plans by threatening to starve him. She confronted Lady Keli, who was moving the prince elsewhere, but failed to stop her as Mercenary Joe and two Skulls mercenaries attacked them. She commanded Ozan and his adventurer friend to tell her father Osman what had happened.
She later joined them on the path revealed by the Kharid-ib, rescuing them from the Kalphite Nursery. She confronted Lady Keli, who revealed herself to be Amascut, and helped rescue Ali, losing the Kharid-ib in the process. She and the adventurer returned to Al Kharid with the prince while Ozan went hunting for the jewel, once again banished from Al Kharid. When Osman blamed Ozan for his failure, Leela grew angry and quit as a spy in disgust.
Visiting a Queen
Leela visited a mastaba, making some progress into the tomb before deciding to retreat. She hired the adventurer to speak to the Pharaoh Queen buried within, warning them of the danger involved. They entered the mastaba and found a journal and a partially translated text, which they brought back to her. She studied the texts and discovered that the Pharaoh Queen had been split up into several parts then commissioned the adventurer to repair the Queen, giving them instructions on how to do so. After the adventurer did so and the Queen was fully repaired, Senliten contacted Leela.
Word reached Leela that the adventurer had dealings with Scabaras. When she next saw them, she requested they join her in visiting Senliten. Once there, she spent several hours speaking with Senliten about the events that had occurred since the Queen had been sealed in the mastaba. The Queen requested the adventurer's aid in returning monkeys to the desert, having been wiped out since her time. While they were aiding the monkeys, Osman followed Leela to the tomb and demanded she abandon her foolish efforts, as they were making him a laughing stock. Though they were eventually able to successfully reintroduce monkeys to the desert and restore the goddess Apmeken, Senliten's words still discomforted her.
She remained with Senliten, continuing to aid the former pharaoh. She gathered reports from the nearby settlements of Pollnivneach and Nardah of crocodiles being particularly vicious, attacking and carrying off people at an increasing rate. Suspecting Crondis to be behind the attacks, they commissioned the adventurer to track the goddess down and obtain some answers. While the adventurer was dealing with Crondis, Osman again returned, scolding his daughter and claiming she was wasting her time.
She later revealed her heritage when shown a book Osman had asked the adventurer to retrieve.
Personality and capabilities
- She received a graphic update on 19 May 2009 along with non-player characters Ali Morrisane and Reldo Trimmly, when Missing My Mummy was released. All three feature in the quest. She received yet another with the release of the Stolen Hearts and Diamond in the Rough quests. Before the graphic update, she used to wear a tiara and when talking, her chathead animation made her look like she was tired.
- There is currently a glitch where if you took Leela to Senliten's tomb before some of the new quests, such as Diamond in the Rough, in the quest log, it will not count towards the requirements for Do No Evil.
- ^ Senliten, "Our Man in the North", RuneScape. "Osman and Leela are my descendants, and therefore are the rightful rulers of Menaphos, the chosen of Tumeken."
- ^ a b Jagex. "The Rising Sun - Ozan's Tale." RuneScape Lores and Histories.
- ^ Jagex. Leela. Jagex. "Mistrustful. Headstrong. Devious. It’s no wonder that Leela is the daughter of a spymaster. Yet, there’s a nobility, a desire to make the world right… Just don’t make the mistake of thinking that she needs - or wants - your help."*
- ^ Leela, "Diamond in the Rough", RuneScape. "No, I am going back to Senliten! We are doing some actual good out there!"
- ^ Leela, "Crocodile Tears", RuneScape. "How can I trust you when you won't share it with me? You just wanted me safe, out of the way. Your plotting just creates more corruption; we're working to remove it!"
- ^ Osman, "Crocodile Tears", RuneScape. "I am not blind, I'm just focussed on the big picture - Menaphos! Your work only helps individuals; my plan helps everyone."
- ^ Ozan, "Stolen Hearts", RuneScape. "These piercing jade eyes... the full, soft lips... that dulcet voice... the scary looking crossbow aimed at my heart – is that you, princess?"
- ^ Leela, "Stolen Hearts", RuneScape. "Urgh! Do not call me that! I am NOT a princess!"
|This template is about Leela|