|Release||17 September 2009 (Update)|
|A being of ore and minerals.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|21 / 14 / 7|
|1||156||Living rock creatures|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Living rock strikers are mineral-based monsters found throughout the Living Rock Caverns. Once killed, their corpse can be mined at level 73 Mining for living minerals, which are used at level 90 Fishing to catch rocktails found in the cavern. They will attack any player who gets within 1 square of them. Wearing the magic golem or fury shark outfits will render them docile.
A set of Verac armour is an effective method of killing living rock strikers. They are weak to the Verac's flail crush style, and their defences are sometimes bypassed due to its effects. With the use of a Bunyip familiar, lost health can be quickly regained.
Also, a set of Guthan's armour is very effective at healing when fighting these creatures. Living rock strikers will only use their ranged attack if their foe is outside melee range, which hits much more frequently and consistently harder than their melee attack.
As they are weak to melee, a player with around 80-85 attack can land hits often with at least level 75 weaponry. Lower levels can use Protect from Melee or Protect from Range for damage reduction depending on combat style, as the strikers do not react to protection prayers.
A good area to go to while on a Slayer task is the eastern side. Go to the rope, then travel northeast to the large clearing. In that area should be 4 Living rock strikers grouped tightly together. This area is the spawning point for the Patriarch, which provides extra money and experience. This spot is also not near any Protectors, so it won't affect the experience rate or profit.
- ^ You must mine the Living rock remains.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 18,493 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Mud rune||3; 8||Common||2,904–7,744|
|Gold ore||3 (noted)||Common||1,311|
|Mithril ore||3 (noted)||Common||636|
|Adamantite ore||1 (noted)||Common||245|
|Silver ore||3 (noted)||Rare||363|
|Uncut sapphire||1 (noted)||Uncommon||595|
|Uncut emerald||1 (noted)||Uncommon||1,016|
|Uncut ruby||1 (noted)||Rare||1,341|
|Uncut diamond||1 (noted)||Rare||2,744|
|Rune pickaxe||1||Very rare||22,097|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Court summons||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||6,888|
- During their idle animation, they will either pat their left chest, or pluck a rock from itself, and take a short look at it before putting it back. This rock constitutes the missile of their ranged attack.
- If a Living rock striker drops a starved ancient effigy or divine tears, the drop appears under it, in the south-western most square they occupy (similar to the drops of other monsters that are larger than 1 square). This is unlike their other drops, which appear on one of the squares outside the squares they occupy.
|Critter • Brawler • Protector • Striker • Patriarch|