Lost and Found is a random event in which players may be sent to a certain small room, called the abyssal plane, at any time. The player says "Uh? Help!" and is teleported there, getting a message that says "You have slipped through to the Abyssal plane!" Four levers are found on the walls; one of which will differ in some way, typically in position, the shape, or colour of the end.
Correctly solving the event results in being teleported from the room to your destination with a Random event gift.
Before the update
Prior to the Random Event Updates, in this event, players would receive the message: "There has been a fault in the teleportation matrix. Please operate the odd appendage out to be forwarded to your destination." They would then proceed to operate the odd appendage which teleported them out.
The event gave two different types of rewards, depending on what form of teleportation was being performed when the player was forced into the event. If the player was using a teleportation spell, they would receive the types of runes that they needed to use the teleport. If the player was being teleported to the Essence Mines, they would be given noted essence. The old event was mostly the same, having all of the features of the new one, except for a few crucial differences:
- There was only a single space you could walk on in the event, surrounded by the lever. You could not move freely.
- It was only accessible through normal teleports and a rune essence mine.
- If you pull the wrong lever too many times, eventually you would be dealt heavy damage. This does not happen any more.
- This event sends the player to the Abyss, a plane accessible to Members and used largely for Runecrafting and reaching Runecrafting Altars. Though the player cannot access other areas of the Abyss during the event, according to the Abyssal book, the ZMI discovered the existence of the Abyss itself through this event.
- The new teleport animation was the same as the one used by Wilderness obelisks.
- Upon completing the event, the player would get the message: "Abyssal Services apologise for any inconvenience. Please accept these runes in way of recompense.".
- In the quest Rune Memories it was explained that teleporting requires going through the Abyss temporarily. Though the random event was made before the quest, the quest explains why this would make sense.