|Release date||15 March 2010 (Update)|
|Main music||The Pact|
|Strongest monster||Level 26 Dragith Nurn|
|Dwarf multicannon allowed||Not allowed|
|Quests taking place here||The Blood Pact|
|Inhabitants||Undead and warped insects and animals|
The Lumbridge Catacombs are a free-to-play dungeon that was released along with The Blood Pact quest. The catacombs have been the burial grounds of the Lumbridge church since approximately the 130th year of the Fifth Age. The dungeon is designed for low-level players and features unique monsters that drop parts of the Mask of dragith nurn.
The entrance to the catacombs are located in Lumbridge cemetery.
The Blood Pact must be completed in order to be able to access the lower level of the dungeon. The monsters are located at the bottom of the dungeon and can be accessed by the stairs in the room where Reese is defeated in "The Blood Pact" (revealed after the altar collapses).
|“|| Mourners who visit the graveyard at Lumbridge do so to pay their respects to loved ones and leave gifts for the departed. Little do they know that, underneath the graveyard, twisting catacombs teem with undead and mutilated beings.
Long ago, the necromancer Dragith Nurn took it upon himself to experiment with life and death, defiling the bodies of creatures that he could find. His experiments with death and dark magic created hideously foul monstrosities. Corrupting the course of life and death eventually took its toll on Dragith Nurn. The realisation that he too would one day be doomed to rise from his grave when he died hit him hard. With the stark reality of his actions hitting home, he buried himself and his experiments alive beneath the graveyard, hoping to seal away his transgressions forever more, to forget what he had done… Only scattered references to the legend of Dragith Nurn remain. For decades, his catacombs lay dormant, undisturbed and disassociated from the land above, until three Zamorakian cultists arrived at Lumbridge, intent on breaking the magic seal that has kept Dragith Nurn locked away.
The upper levels of the dungeon are useful only for collecting the music track and in the quest, in order to kill (or spare) the cultists. A map is shown on the right to show where the cultists are. (Many players didn't know about the stairs going to the lower level at the beginning room on the upper level, to the east/left)
The dungeon is large and has a single entrance/exit found in the yard of the Lumbridge church. It is made up of a series of rooms linked by short corridors. The first room contains warped cockroaches, which are level 1. As you progress through the dungeon the rooms contain monsters of increasing combat levels, ranging from 1 to 21, whilst the final room contains a single monster of level 26 combat. This makes the lower level an efficient and effective training location for new and low-level players, as the monsters found within are easy to kill, do not hit particularly high, and boast valuable drops relative to their combat level.
The final room contains Dragith Nurn. To summon Dragith Nurn, the player is required to touch the pedestal holding the Diamond demon statuette. Dragith Nurn will appear, and can then be fought. A flashing yellow arrow indicates which Dragith Nurn is required to be killed. There is no limit to how many times Dragith Nurn can be summoned or killed.
Six statuettes are found in the dungeon:
- Jade demon statuette - (100 coins)
- Topaz demon statuette - (200 coins)
- Sapphire demon statuette - (300 coins)
- Emerald demon statuette - (400 coins)
- Ruby demon statuette - (500 coins)
- Diamond demon statuette - (1000 coins)
Xenia will offer to buy the statuettes for a total of 2500 coins.
- Level 1 Warped cockroach (drops Mask part 1)
- Level 4 Corpse spider (drops Mask part 1)
- Level 7 Warped fly (drops Mask part 1)
- Level 9 Crawling corpse torso (drops Mask part 2)
- Level 12 Warped rat (drops Mask part 2)
- Level 15 Skeleton (Lumbridge Catacombs) (drops Mask part 2)
- Level 16 Warped bat (drops Mask part 3)
- Level 18 Corpse archer (drops Mask part 3)
- Level 19 Skoblin (drops Mask part 4)
- Level 21 Corpse mage (drops Mask part 4)
- Level 26 Dragith Nurn (drops Mask part 5)
Mask of Dragith NurnEdit
Players can assemble the Mask of Dragith Nurn by using any one of the parts with another while all 5 parts are in their inventory. A common misconception is that the mask pieces are randomly dropped by every monster, but this is not true. You can use the table above to see what monsters drop which pieces. This mask is not tradeable and gives very little bonuses. Due to its low bonuses, most players simply wear it for aesthetic purposes. However, before EOC, the mask did have the highest melee attack bonuses for a head item in free to play.
- Work for Idol Hands ( 10) - Hand in all the demon statuettes from the Lumbridge Catacombs.
- Monsters in this dungeon respawn unusually fast.
- Trying to setup a dwarf multicannon gives the message "You don't need a cannon here."
- During the Battle of Lumbridge, the overflow of bodies was interred within the catacombs.
|Mask of Dragith Nurn||
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|