|Release date||3 May 2016 (Update)|
|Head developer||Unknown edit|
Mega May is was an event that took place from 3 May until 13 June 2016. It involved bonuses in different areas of the game over each weekend, alongside a month-long boost to Player-owned port, as well as an event to assist Meg in investigations. Players could check the details of these events via the Mega May interface which was accessible via a pop-up icon similar to the Treasure Hunter button. The event was accessible to Ironman Mode players and Free-to-play players (it was possible for free-to-play players to enter the ports portal, though taking part in player-owned ports remained members' content).
Meg's Investigation Services
From 3 May players could unlock a new investigation case each day. Even though only one new case could be unlocked per day, players were able to complete multiple cases on the same day. It was possible to complete cases until 13 June. To start case players would have to speak to the relevant NPC who explained the details of what they wished the player to investigate. There were 30 cases to complete. 2 were related to finding missing pets, 18 involved finding missing items, 4 required finding a missing person and 4 were miscellaneous. Around half of the missions were part of a continuing story line.
- For each case completed: a small XP lamp
- 5 cases: Socky McGee, a sockpuppet that can be worn in the gloves slot. It may be talked to, and will occasionally replace the player's chathead in dialogues when worn.
- 10 cases: A player-owned ports resource pack; 2 Captain reroll tokens; 2 Voyage reroll tokens; and 2 Crew reroll tokens. Free-to-play items, bankable.
- 15 cases: Investigator uniform
- 20 cases: Sockroth pet, a turoth wearing socks
- 25 cases: A large XP lamp and a bonus XP star (large)
- 30 cases: A huge XP lamp and a bonus XP star (huge)
Weekend 1: Ports Skills
- 6–9 May 2016
- Increased node spawns and double reward points at Runespan.
- Double chance for relics, sceptre of the Gods, and Black ibis at Pyramid Plunder.
- Enriched Divination nodes spawn every 10 minutes.
- Fishing spots stay in place twice as long.
- Divination wisps last twice as long.
- +50% base Big Chinchompa XP.
- +50% XP for completing Agility Courses.
- Flatpacks created are noted.
- 5% reduced chance at burning your food.
- 2% chance to save the secondary whilst making a potion (stacks with existing effects).[a 1]
- ^ Scroll of cleansing is the only "existing effect". Activation of the ability is notified with the message "The Mad May skilling weekend allows you to save an ingredient: <Item>".
Weekend 2: Dungeoneering & Raids
- 13–16 May 2016
- 50% extra base Dungeoneering XP from completing dungeons.[b 1]
- Deaths don't give an XP penality.[b 2]
- Double reputation from the Nemi forest and Trinks' tasks.
- Ability to loot raids once per day.[b 3]
- ^ This also caused 50% extra Dungeoneering tokens to be gained from completing a dungeon.
- ^ If deaths occurred in a floor, the message "Your death penalty has been ignored due to the Dungeoneering weekend" was displayed.
- ^ The reset button in Mazcab Raid Lock was unlocked for everyone at 12:00 UTC on Friday. Resetting during the weekend caused the button being locked only until the next midnight UTC.
Weekend 3: Bossing & Slayer
- 20–23 May 2016
- Charm drops give one more charm than normal.
- 50% increased base Slayer experience.
- Double points from regular and group slayer assignments.[c 1]
- Over the period of the weekend, all assigned Slayer tasks are treated as using a Slayer VIP ticket.[c 2]
- 10% cheaper instance fees.
- Extra training points from Boss Training.[c 3]
- You get to choose your Boss Slayer assignments over the weekend.[c 4]
- ^ Game message about co-op Slayer points stated the regular amount although double was received. For Slayer points the message showed the correct amount.
- ^ Having a Slayer VIP ticket in backpack when choosing the alternative assignment saved the ticket.
- ^ This was glitched and had no effect on training points.
- ^ Helwyr didn't appear in the task selection interface but was hotfixed to be able to be picked after clicking out of the interface. Refusing the offer resulted in no task being activated.
Weekend 4: Minigames
- 27–30 May 2016
- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game.
- Extra 600 daily bonus points in Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.[d 1]
- Double points from Pest Control/Conquest.[d 2]
- Double Bonus XP and gamble rewards in Barbarian Assault.[d 3]
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower count as two for the purpose of reward unlocks.
- +50% Dominion tower factor.
- Double produce points at Livid Farm.
- Double points from Stealing Creation.
- Double zeal from Soul Wars.
- Extra points and +1 medals from Fish Flingers.[d 4]
- ^ The extra renown was received after using the initial daily 600 bonus renown, with the following messages:
[Brassica Prime]: Rejoice mortal! On this wintery weekend, I, Brassica Prime, reward you with even more bonus points!
[Brassica Prime]: Bathe in my magnificence!
- ^ The regular caps of rewarded commendations could not be exceeded in Conquest.
- ^ Gaining the increased bonus XP prompted the message "You have traded your points for <skill> xp. Your Xp multiplier for this wave was 1.5%."[sic]
- ^ Only medals were affected; all of the various points in the game were not.
Throughout May: Ports boosts
- 3 May–1 June 2016
- 25 voyages a day instead of 15.
- All Ports voyages return 30% extra trade goods or resources.
- Ability to get Surula's special voyages on Saturdays and Sundays as well as Thursdays.[e 1]
- ^ Even though it was supposed to, A Barmaid's Tip voyage was not available on Sundays.
|Summer Beach Party||
|Cryptic Clue Fest||
|Christmas Advent Calendar||