Hello, TehKittyCat/Archive 1, and welcome to the RuneScape Wiki!
Thank you for your past contributions and taking an interest in our wiki. If you have any trouble or need help, feel free to ask questions on my talk page or any other editor's talk page. Also, you could look at a help page or you could shout out on the local forums. We hope you like it here and decide to stay!
Here are a few pages to help out new editors such as yourself:
Please sign your name on talk pages by using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date. Signing your comments is important, as it lets other editors know who has posted which comments.
Becoming a bot Edit
My future bot account will be TehKittyBot. Right now I am developing the code for it, then after I do 50 edits(1 edit per 30 seconds, so it will take about 30 minutes total), release the source code, and apply for bot flag on TehKittyBot. I might ask Rich Farmbrough for help with it. - TehKittyCat 01:29, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
I have moved the source code to a separate page and am applying for a bot flag on TehKittyBot. - TehKittyCat 21:42, 13 December 2008 (UTC).
My Price Update Assister Edit
Here is the code for my price update assister:
- Thank you. Same to you, great work on keeping the prices updated. - TehKittyCat 20:08, 6 December 2008 (UTC).
Your bot EditPlease have your bot given a bot flag before you begin to use it on a large scale, contact Richard if you require assistance.-- 00:17, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Thanks, I will before I use it on a large scale, I am just doing 2-3 edits at a time until I am ready for that. I am trying to make it delay for 30-40 seconds between edits, so I can test it before requesting bot status. - TehKittyCat 00:37, 10 December 2008 (UTC).
- Ok, I am ready for the bot flag now. I have done a few edits on a special user page, 50 mainspace edits with my code that was before I fixed '\n' causing an extra space, and 10 mainspace edits with my current version. I am going to apply for bot status on TehKittyBot now. - TehKittyCat 04:15, 13 December 2008 (UTC).
Also remove the newline Edit
Would it be possible to also have your bot remove the newline before each street entry? You're leaving empty spaces on all the pages. Ex:"\n|street=". Thanks Laser Dragon 00:38, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Ok, sorry about that, I will try and fix that, that is occurring so I do not put the other fields that got effected on the same line. After that I will go through the bot flag process. - TehKittyCat 00:44, 11 December 2008 (UTC).
- Ok, fixed the bug, wasn't easy but I got it done and added a lot more functionality in the process. - TehKittyCat 04:11, 13 December 2008 (UTC).
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!Edit
User:Bonziiznob/New Year 00:34, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Thanks. :) Is it really hard to read? It looks fine on Safari. What internet browser are you using and what does it look like for you? Feel free to suggest any changes to make it easier to read. Andrew talk 22:50, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
Rollback EditYou now have use of the rollback tool, please only use it for obvious vandalism as it does not provide a suitable edit summary for good faith edits.-- 04:00, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I want to learn how to design bots, and love learning all different types of code, but bots is something i have never done before. Do you know a good beginners guide to bot designing? I'm afraid i don't even know what program is used rofl. thanks--Zilenserztalk! Join the RSWP today! 20:22, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
- Err...All of those links that you gave me, other than tehkitty bots's source code, are 'broken, all of them. All the wiki-ones go to teh bad title page, and the non wiki ones go to sum system error thing rofl. Pls fix, I'm excited about immersing myslef in new technology. Btw, which is betterm the py-thing code one, or the user visual-thing one?--Zilenserztalk! Join the RSWP today! 12:36, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
RE: Reverting Vandalism Edit
Yeah, I usually do report it, but my recent reverts seem to be minor... like putting test text into an infobox where it cannot be seen anyway. I probably should have checked his/her contribs, but it slipped my mind. Shall make sure to do so next time! @Gaz#7521 22:56, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
I really like your proposed CVU layout. I don't think the changes can get made without a consensus so we'll wait until some other admins have had a look but I think your idea is very promising and I thank you for thinking of it and creating it. :) Andrew talk 04:04, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thinking big is ftw, and I love the userbox. I also use your current edit count userbox on my user page. ^_^ Andrew talk 05:03, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
Ok, I'm downloading the python thing, and have read the first help guide. What job should I have my bot do? I want something simple, but will help the wiki. I was thinking about welcome user, but i'm not so sure.
- AAAAHHHHH! I've downloaded the python one, but can't download the pywikipedia one. i'm trying to download from here and It just isn't working. Please help!--Zilenserztalk! Join the RSWP today! 20:32, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
Your signature Edit
Hey, great job updating your signature! I'm glad people are making use of my guides and such; that's always a good feeling. I reviewed your signature, and the syntax is 100% correct. Feel free to let me know if you need help making any future changes!
Currently, there's bit of a discussion going on about how we should handle the problem of "messy" signatures. I'd love to hear your input at RuneScape talk:Signatures.
- REDIRECT User:Supertech1/Signature 23:18, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Happy signature-making! ;)
- Web programmers, unite! ;)
- REDIRECT User:Supertech1/Signature 23:48, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, that's partially why I proposed the rules—they were meant for the creators, not the common users. We definitely need to train the creators somehow. I wouldn't edit current requests, but I'd make a new post stating that the "above signature by so-and-so contains outdated HTML," blah blah blah and "here's newer code that does the same thing". Though, I'd probably make it sound a bit nicer.
- REDIRECT User:Supertech1/Signature 00:16, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- What language are you programming it in? I may be able to help. If you can send me some details, I'll see what I can cook up; just name a language and an OS.
- REDIRECT User:Supertech1/Signature 00:25, 16 January 2009 (UTC)