The Mining cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Mining skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Mining hood from a master of mining (a dwarf wearing a cape) at the Mining Guild entrance by players who have achieved level 99 Mining. Mining capes are brown-greyish in colour, have the mining skill icon, and have a light blue trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill.
Talking to Dwarf who wears a mining cape near the south Falador bank mining guild entrance gives an option to purchase the cape or to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a dragon keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Mining cape's perk provides an invisible +2 Mining levels.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
- Currently, 132,412 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- When first released it was possible for a player to buy a Mining cape even if they did not have 99 Mining. Although it is said that the players with the Mining capes below 99 have them removed, this is not true as a couple of accounts still have them. However, you cannot equip them, and trying to will give you the message "You need level 99 Mining to equip this item."
- The number of players who have achieved 99 mining has increased significantly since the release of the Living Rock Caverns as concentrated gold rocks and concentrated coal rocks have allowed for Mining to be done without paying much attention to the game, as opposed to before the release of the Living Rock Caverns when the best experience per hour was mining granite, which requires constant attention.
- On 25 May 2010 the Mining cape's emote was changed; the animation is smoother and the pickaxe used has been changed from steel to rune.
- The golden shadow of the pickaxe resembles the inferno adze at the top of the down swing.
- The dwarf selling the cape used to wear a unique version of it.