|187,400 per hour|
One mahogany tree is located on the southwestern part of Ape Atoll next to the beach. Collect mahogany logs here, and run east to the bank deposit chest to bank the logs. The tree spawns unusually quickly, so it is worth waiting for it to respawn and gathering a full inventory rather than running all the way to the deposit chest after the tree falls.
Jungle spiders, poisonous jungle snakes and poisonous scorpions found throughout the jungle. Wearing a monkey greegree will keep the monsters from attacking, but it also takes up an inventory space for your hatchet unless the hatchet is stored on the tool belt. These monsters can be completely avoided if you run along the southern edge of the island in a direct line from the mahogany tree to the deposit chest.
There is approximately a 2.5% chance that you will cut a Special mahogany log. You can use two of these to convert an inventory of mahogany logs into mahogany planks, saving 19,500 coins per special log. On average you will get about ten of these per hour, which means you can convert 130 logs for free by talking to the sawmill operator. It takes about 40 seconds to turn a batch of logs into planks, which can be done at any time after amassing enough special mahogany logs.
- A Beaver gives an invisible Woodcutting boost of +2 which may give you more logs per minute. Beaver pouches are inexpensive, so it is worth it to use them. However their multichop special move does not work on Mahogany trees.
- The Lumberjack auras increase the odds of successfully cutting a log.
- An augmented hatchet with the honed perk increases the success of gathering logs by 2% per rank.
- Any God banner can boost +2 visible woodcutting boost for 30 minutes once a day.
- Perfect juju woodcutting potion or perfect plus potion could increase log outcome by 5% every hour per dose (or 4 hours/dose with perfect plus).
If you haven't completed Deadliest Catch, you can fill your inventory with Sign of the Porter and use those to avoid having to visit the bank anywhere near as often. The high price per log will easily outweigh the cost of purchasing the materials required to create the Signs.
It is strongly recommended to check the live prices on the Grand Exchange before making large investments in any method.
All prices on this page are cached, meaning it is possible that they appear out of date.
To force a new cache of this page, click this link.
If a money making method is out of date, you can edit it or leave a message on the talk page.