Script error Monkeys are small primates that may be found in a variety of jungles. They are not ideal for training combat, as they have a low amount of life points and have few useful drops. However, monkey bones do give 11 percent more Prayer experience than regular bones. Monkeys can be found in the Mos Le'Harmless jungle, in Ardougne Zoo and spread across most of Karamja.
During the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest, all monkeys located on Karamja cannot be damaged by Melee attacks (if attacked, they taunt the player that tried to attack them), so Magic and Ranged are the only ways to kill them. This only occurs during the quest; before and after the quest they can be damaged by all attacks. It is possible to kill one without using Magic or Ranged by using ring of recoils. If the player is wielding a halberd and is standing out of the monkey's melee range then they will be able to hit the monkey with the halberd's melee attack.
Note that Mos Le'Harmless monkeys will only drop monkey bones, regardless of whether Tai Bwo Wannai Trio has been completed.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Monkeys can be found in three places:
- Karamja, across the whole northern section.
- Ardougne Zoo, in the monkey cage.
- Mos Le'Harmless, throughout the whole island.
- It will sometimes say phrases when it is attacked during Tai Bwo Wannai Trio such as: "Ook Ook", "Can't hit! Can't hit!" and "Jogre bones! Ook!"
- Talking to a Mos Le'Harmless monkey while wearing a monkeyspeak amulet will reveal that it speaks like a pirate. It may also result in a conversation where it says it doesn't want to go back to the brewery.
- Their examine text alludes to the theory of evolution.