|Release||13 June 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||4 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Exchange||649 coins (info)|
|Examine||A combined earth and water rune.|
Mud runes are also ground to make Ground mud runes, a secondary ingredient for Extreme magic potions, which accounts for their relatively high value. Grinding the rune awards the player with 1 Herblore experience.
Runecrafting Mud runes
At Runecrafting level 13 or higher, they can be crafted using talismans. Omni-talisman, wicked hood, or tiara may NOT be used in place of talismans.
- Pure essence, Water runes and a water talisman to the Earth Altar or
- Pure essence, Earth runes and an earth talisman to the Water Altar.
Note: For the combining to work you must click one of the already made runes onto the altar (e.g. click a water rune on the Earth Altar).
Players receive 9.3 experience for combining Earth runes at the Water Altar and 9.5 for combining water runes at the Earth Altar.
Combinations have a 50% success rate (or 100%, if the player is wearing a binding necklace), and the talisman is consumed in the process. One talisman will convert all pure essence in the inventory.
- Bones to Bananas
- Bones to Peaches
- Enchant Level 5 Jewellery
- String Jewellery
- Stat Restore Pot Share
- Boost Potion Share
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Essence impling jar||N/A||4||Uncommon|
|Ivory Bre'egth (cursed)||82||6||Uncommon|
|Ivory Gromblod (cursed)||82||6||Common|
|Ivory Shredflesh (cursed)||82||6||Common|
|Living rock patriarch||N/A||50||Always|
|Living rock protector||N/A||3–8||Common|
|Living rock striker||N/A||3–8||Common|
|Skeleton||15; 16; 32; 43; 46; 47; 49; 51; 53; 54; 58; 70||3||Uncommon|
|Skeleton (Tarn's Lair)||N/A||3||Rare|
|Zombie (Tarn's Lair)||72; 74; 75; 77; 78; 79; 82; 84; 85||3||Uncommon|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||86.8%|
- As with all combination runes, the highest number needed for a spell is 30, for the Charge Orb spell series.
- The Mud runes inventory icon, along with the other combination runes, was unaffected by the update on 9 June 2010. The other runes were altered slightly.
- The value of 1 Mud rune in Investment Credits in Mobilising Armies is 7 Investment Credits.
- You can easily find multiple mud runes lying around in the Living Rock Caverns from other players' training.