|Release||12 July 2011 (Update)|
|Something horrible happened to this jadinko male.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|38 / 25 / 12|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Mutated jadinko males are mutant forms of the jadinko males that reside within Jadinko Lair. Normally responsible for fertilising the Jadinko Queen's eggs, mutant males would attack any of their non-mutated cousins given the chance. They require 91 Slayer to kill. These monsters, along with the level 86 mutated jadinko guards, are the only creatures to drop the whip vine, however the males have a higher chance of dropping it.
Like all mutated jadinkos, they are a good source of blue charms, noted logs, and medium to high level herbs. They are usually a fast kill and perhaps among the fastest sources of blue charms, comparable to exiled kalphite guardians and marauders.
Mutated jadinko males are weak to Stab attacks. Players are advised to kill them using Stab weapons, such as a Zamorakian spear or better, and melee Power armour, such as Bandos equipment. Low-levelled players may wish to bring an emergency teleport. Juju teleport spiritbags or a Witchdoctor mask can be used to easily reach the mutated jadinko males. A noxious scythe or an attuned crystal halberd is another option, and can be used to inflict a great deal of AoE damage, leading to faster kills.
Although they require 91 Slayer to damage, mutated jadinko males are not overly strong. Their damage output is low and they commonly drop food. Additionally, points received from killing them can be traded in for food. They drop mainly noted and stackable items and there is a bank deposit box right up the vine next to the queen. Most players able to damage mutated jadinko males will have high enough combat stats that they can heal solely using the food drops. Soul Split or Rejuvenate/Guthix's Blessing/Ice Asylum/Enhanced excalibur (they all share the same cooldown) can be used to heal if the food drops alone are insufficient.
The seedicide is also very useful as they frequently drop seeds. This can yield around 40,000 to 50,000 Farming experience per hour, depending on the kill speed. They are also great blue charm and elite clue scroll droppers.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 24,372 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Grimy toadflax||1 (noted)||Common||12,415|
|Grimy spirit weed||1 (noted)||Common||13,763|
|Grimy irit||1 (noted)||Common||4,754|
|Grimy wergali||1 (noted)||Common||2,450|
|Grimy avantoe||1 (noted)||Common||1,325|
|Grimy kwuarm||1 (noted)||Common||13,388|
|Grimy ranarr||1 (noted)||Uncommon||1,982|
|Grimy cadantine||1 (noted)||Uncommon||2,814|
|Grimy snapdragon||1 (noted)||Rare||1,769|
|Grimy lantadyme||1 (noted)||Rare||10,038|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1 (noted)||Rare||9,614|
|Grimy torstol||1 (noted)||Very rare||7,968|
|Red blossom seed||1||Common||92|
|Blue blossom seed||1||Common||248|
|Green blossom seed||1||Common||118|
|Bittercap mushroom spore||1||Rare||2,769|
|Poison ivy seed||1||Rare||128|
|Spirit weed seed||1||Rare||18,694|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||Rare||1,499|
|Torstol seed||1||Very rare||976|
|Common fruit||1||Common||Not sold|
|Diseased fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Camouflaged fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Cannibal fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Guthix fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Saradomin fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Zamorak fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Shadow fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Draconic fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Amphibious fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Igneous fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Aquatic fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Carrion fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Juju teleport spiritbag||1||Common||3,143|
|Mahogany logs||13–17 (noted)||Common||4,433–5,797|
|Yew logs||13–17 (noted)||Common||2,626–3,434|
|Magic logs||2–7 (noted)||Uncommon||828–2,898|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Long bone||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Sealed clue scroll (hard)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Curved bone||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||7,491|
- Their weakness appears to defy the combat triangle - they attack primarily with melee, but are weak to stab attacks. This results in the monster being ranged-based because of the weakness, but they do not have any ranged attacks. It is unknown whether or not this is intentional.
- For a long time after the Evolution of Combat, mutated jadinko males attacked with magic, although before that they used melee attack regardless of armours. With a hidden update they now use their old attack styles, melee only unless the player uses protection prayers, in which case they use magic.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 466,968 kills, shared between all forms of mutated jadinko.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. 6 May 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*