No Man's Sky Update - The Loop
Do you like this video?
This article is about the perk. For other uses, see Mysterious (disambiguation).
|Has a mysterious effect...|
|Release date||25 January 2016 (Update)|
|Gizmo type||Weapon, Armour, Tool|
Mod Moltare hinted that the function of the perk can be discovered by:
- Analysing timestamps and that the perk does not do anything that would make it mandatory for high-level players.
- After he left Jagex, he posted one more hint on Twitter stating that the perk triggers under the same circumstances as other perks, and when it does, it rolls a number between 0 and 19, which is then compared to the perk's rank.
- When the perk activates, one of several buffs is applied to the player, these include decrease in ability cooldown, invisible buff to your combat abilities, causes monsters to drop a random amount of money (dependent on monster), and gain a few charges to your charge pack.[source needed]
|Material||Rarity||Perk ranks with X materials|
Rank 5 is very rare, whereas 4 is uncommon. Ranks 2-3 are seen commonly.
- Contrary to popular belief, Mysterious does not randomise experience values.
- ^ Mod Moltare. Mysterious Perk: Tests Inconclusive. reddit.com. 12 April 2017. (Archived from the original on 19 September 2018.) "Those testing it: you may find it helpful to keep some screenshots with timestamps, for later reference."*
- ^ Mod Moltare. Do we know what Mysterious Perk does?. reddit.com. 16 September 2016. (Archived from the original on 19 September 2018.) "Can confirm only that (a) it is not just an empty perk, and (b) it doesn't do anything that would lead top-end players to consider it mandatory for skilling, bossing or PvP."*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Moltare's Twitter account. 8 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 19 September 2018.) Mod Moltare: "I'm not going to tell you the in-game effect, but I can tell you that when it triggers (and it triggers under the same conditions as any other perk) it rolls a number between 0 and 19 and compares that to the rank you have the perk at."