Although Nestor Peregrine's birthplace is unknown, he was most likely born in the dwarven metropolis of Keldagrim. He has spent much of his life exploring the world, seeking treasure in abandoned ruins and caverns. Little is known of his early expeditions.
The Discovery of the God Wars Dungeon
Nestor is most famed for discovering the God Wars Dungeon, a massive series of frozen caverns that played host to one of the last battles of the God Wars. According to his notes, Nestor caught word of a ruined temple complex in the icy north of the Troll Country. Looking to find what treasure it may hold, Nestor travelled into the depths of the troll-infested mountain range.
The mountains' dangers overcame him several times, forcing him to seek alternative routes. Overcome by snowdrifts and stone-throwing troll sentries, he was forced to seek a path through the Wilderness. Although he did find a path, he was unable to traverse it. This path is actually a one-way agility shortcut available to players.
Nestor eventually found a path beneath a massive boulder north of Trollheim. What he found were the ruins of a temple destroyed during the end of the God Wars. Not content with exploring the surface, however, he discovered a rift in the temple's centre. He lowered himself into its depths, unaware of what he would find.
Within the dungeon Nestor found hundreds of warriors and beasts fighting, engaged in a battle that had started over 4,000 years ago. Frozen for millennia, they had once more resumed their battle. Fearing for his life, Nestor left the rift.
Nestor left the Troll Country fairly easily, although he did encounter several zombie trolls travelling north on his way back. He soon returned to Keldagrim, where his notes were left in the city's expansive library. Here they sat untouched for some time.
Peregrine left Keldagrim soon after to continue his explorations. His notes mention that he was planning to travel south of Isafdar to the Poison Wastes. Some speculate that he will appear in-game in the future, perhaps becoming involved with the nearby gnome city of Arposandra.
- Nestor's notes were released with a hidden update.
- The God Wars Dungeon was first mentioned in the explorer's notes. The dungeon itself would not be released for some time after their addition.
- Despite Peregrine's mention of zombie trolls, they do not appear in the God Wars Dungeon. It is now known that they appear in Lucien's camp as part of the While Guthix Sleeps quest.
- The Peregrine Falcon is a real world bird known for its high velocity dives. They are the fastest animals alive.
- 'Peregrine' is little-known word meaning to wander, which may be the reason behind his name.