Enchanted onyx bolts are runite bolts tipped with enchanted onyx. Onyx bolts can be enchanted through the spell Enchant Crossbow Bolt (Onyx) by a player with level 87 Magic. The spell enchants 10 onyx bolts at a time. These bolts are rarely used due to their cost (7,723 coins per bolt) which exceeds the cost of Enchanted dragonstone bolts by about 7386 coins, but are frequently high alched.
Enchanted onyx bolts have a Life leech special. This gives the bolts a chance of doing extra damage (20-25% chance from testing) and healing the attacker's Life Points by 25% of the base (disregarding damage modifiers) maximum hit of the hit that triggered it. This does not work on the undead, as they have no "life" to leech.
This effect can be triggered with auto attacks and abilities, with abilities consuming one bolt per activation.
The chance of the special attack occurring is increased upon the completion of the Elite Seers' Tasks.
The bolts also have a second passive which works with any ability, including threshold and ultimate abilities, healing the user for an amount equal to 25% of damage dealt. Unlike the other passive, this healing effect does not show any healing marks making it harder to notice and also will not consume any bolts.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Barrows: Rise of the Six||N/A||50–65||Common|
|Memory of Nomad||N/A||6–46||Rare|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||56.0%|
- On 23 February 2010, a bug was leaked in which one could duplicate these bolts but was patched on the same day.
- These bolts were untradeable when released, but a hidden update in 2007 made them tradeable.