|Release date||14 May 2018 (Update)|
|Cannot be grown|
|Examine||The statue is covered in vines.|
Overgrown idols are statues present on Karamja, covered in light, medium and dense jungle vines. All vines around it in the inner ring must be chopped before being able to chop the idol. Level 81 Woodcutting is required to chop all the vines and the idol.
Chopping vines gives XP for about 10 minutes until the vine has been chopped. Idols provide around 100,000 XP an hour at level 81 woodcutting. Idols are an AFK method of training woodcutting, unlike using Crystallize and Light Form which requires attention every few seconds.
The fastest way to navigate to the idols is to tune the Prifddinas Max Guild portal to "Overgrown Idols". Players may enter this guild if they have 99 in any one skill. The same portal teleports players interchangably between the two idols present in Karamja.
Alternate means of transportation:
- Gnome Glider to Gandius, takes the player very close to the 1st idol
- Juju teleport spiritbag, takes the player close to the 2nd idol
- Max Guild teleport to the Jadinko lair, the 2nd idol is close to the enterance
It is not necessary to clear all vines to reach the idol. Only one light vine needs to be cut to reach the inner ring, and only the inner ring of medium and dense vines needs to be cleared. Idols may give strange rocks and golden rocks. Like other trees, chopping vines may drop a bird's nest.
Once an idol has been chopped, one of five Woodcutting boosts, lasting between 5 and 15 minutes will be granted:
- Double cut rate (2 ticks instead of the standard 4 ticks)
- 10% increase to woodcutting success chance
- 10% chance to get double logs (or cut twice on ivy/vines/crystal)
- 5% XP boost
- Log auto-banking
- Meeting your Idols ( 5) - Invesigate[sic] an overgrown Karamjan idol to discover an ancient tale.