Phantom doubloons were a currency that players will find during the Deathbeard's Demise seasonal event. They could be gathered every 3 minutes when gaining experience through skilling and killing monsters, as well as by completing daily challenges and Treasure Trails. Thieving and Agility provided more doubloons than other skills. They could then be handed in at Captain Deathbeard to progress the bar for parts of the Captain Deathbeard's Outfit and other rewards (based on cumulative doubloons returned to Captain Deathbeard):
|Captain Deathbeard's Hat||1,000|
|Captain Deathbeard's Doublet||2,000|
|Captain Deathbeard's Breeches||3,000|
|2 event mystery boxes||4,000|
|Captain Deathbeard's Feet||5,000|
|2 big event mystery boxes||6,000|
|Captain Deathbeard's Hook||7,000|
|Phantom Deathbeard's Outfit||8,500|
Phantom doubloons could be stored in the currency pouch to save bank and inventory space. When handing them in to Captain Deathbeard, the collected doubloons were taken directly from there instead of from the inventory.
- Thieving or Agility: 27–33
- All other non-combat skills: 22–27
- Killing monsters: 25–30
- Daily challenges: 74–90
- Extended daily challenges: 148–180
- Treasure Trails or Giant Oyster: 45–55
Alternatively, doubloons could be bought for RuneCoins on the Seasonal Event interface's Shop tab:
|Doubloons||RuneCoins||Doubloons per RuneCoin||Price in terms of bonds|
When a player received phantom doubloons, they were notified with one of the following messages:
- You find X Phantom doubloons and place them in your bank. (When there was no space in inventory and there were no phantom doubloons in currency pouch.)
- You find X Phantom doubloons and place them in your inventory. (When there was space and there were no phantom doubloons in currency pouch.)
- You find X Phantom doubloons. They are added to your currency pouch. (When there were phantom doubloons in currency pouch.)
This was followed by a filterable message:
- You have gathered Y/1000 phantom doubloons for today..
When you obtained your daily limit:
- You have gathered 1000/1000 and have reached your gathering limit for today..
- You can use an event extender token to increase your gathering limit per day. There are available for purchase from the event store..
Ironman players could obtain phantom doubloons just like regular players, but they couldn't convert them into mystery boxes or open any mystery boxes.
There were several methods of idly collecting doubloons in Prifddinas, such as balancing on the Serenity posts in the Hefin district, pickpocketing elven clan workers, playing the harps in the Ithell district, mining Seren stones in the Trahaearn district or fishing at the Prifddinas Waterfall.
- Pickpocketing monkey knife fighters or killing deadly red spiders did not yield any phantom doubloons.
|Distractions and Diversions||