A phylactery is an item dropped by The Magister, which can be cracked open to receive 5, 10, 15 or 25 scraps of scripture. The average amount of scripture scraps per phylactery broken is 10, with the different amounts having 40%, 30%, 25%, and 5% chance respectively.
Each phylactery can be worth anywhere from 5,982,495.81 to 29,912,479.04 coins each, if using the profit from making a khopesh of Tumeken and a khopesh of Elidinis.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- The word "phylactery" originates from the Greek φυλακτήριον (transliterated, phulakterion), which means "protection" - or an item believed to hold such a purpose, often in the form of an amulet or necklace. In fantasy settings, it is often a container that holds part of a soul, acting as protection against death.
- On 17 July 2017, changes were made to the phylactery. Prior to this update, players could obtain either 2, 5, 10 or 25 scraps when breaking phylacteries. The chance of 2 scraps was removed following player feedback, and substituted with 15 scraps, although the drop rate of the phylactery was made slightly rarer to balance it out.
- On 2 October 2017, the phylactery was modified to allow players who had obtained an uneven amount of scripture to gain an amount that would balance out the number of scriptures they had, if the total amount of scraps they obtained ended in 2, 4, 6, or 8. This was due to some players obtaining multiple sets of 2 scraps prior to the 17 July update.