It can be placed anywhere that you can light a fire and is both visible to and usable by all other players. It vanishes 5 minutes after being placed. When using the sawmill, players are asked how many logs they would like to convert into planks. The cost for making a plank with the sawmill is 10% lower than the cost from the Sawmill operator.
|Log||Plank||Cost in coins|
+ 1,385 for runes
|Sawmill||Construction Cape Perk|
|Oak logs||Oak plank||175||225||250||225|
|Teak logs||Teak plank||350||450||500||450|
|Mahogany logs||Mahogany plank||1050||1350||1500||1350|
The following table estimates profit for every 1,000 logs turned into planks. Milling rates are typically around 8,000 planks per hour, but easily can be higher with use of a one-step bank, such as at the Combat Academy bank chest in Lumbridge, along with a bank preset with mahogany logs.
|Log||Plank||Log Price||Cost||Plank Value||Profit/Loss|
|Oak logs||Oak plank||850||225||380||-700,840|
|Teak logs||Teak plank||87||450||366||-176,840|
|Mahogany logs||Mahogany plank||318||1350||989||-684,840|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Shiny four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Shiny three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Shiny two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
- Prior to 3 May 2016, using portable sawmills could also produce protean planks.
- As of 6 June 2016, checking the duration of a portable skill station will no longer interrupt skilling actions. This action can also be done remotely.
|Italicization denotes removed content|