Rag and Bone Man wish list is a miniquest during which the player has to find additional bones for the Odd Old Man.
- 1 Details
- 2 Overview
- 3 Walkthrough
- 4 Rewards
- 5 Achievement
- 6 Dialogue
- 7 Trivia
|Start point||Talk to the Odd Old Man again.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Very Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||Listed below|
- None of the bone drops are 100%, but they are common.
- The monsters you need to kill are mentioned on the Wish List that is attached on the house north of the Odd Old Man.
- It is possible to hand in the collected bones in smaller batches. The Odd Old Man will kindly update the wish list, taking off the bones already submitted.
- It is possible to complete Basilisk without level 20 Defence, but you must freeze the basilisk or safe spot it.
Below is the list of monsters that need to be killed to obtain all the bones (there are 27 total):
These monsters can be found in other places; listed are the most convenient spots.
- Travel method: Use the gnome glider (or Fairy ring code: DKP) to get to Karamja. Both jogres and snakes are found directly west of the gnome glider. Optionally, jogres are also found in the dungeon by the Harpie Bug Swarms, and snakes are also found by the calquat farming patch.
- Travel method: Edgeville can be reached by using an Amulet of glory Teleport, fairy ring, using Home teleport and the canoe system, by using Varrock Teleport and walking a short distance, or by using the spirit tree in the Grand Exchange. The monsters are all found in the Varrock Sewers. It is also a good idea to buy a mirror shield, and – if you haven't already got an ice shaker and (super) explosive shaker on your tool belt – some ice coolers and several fishing explosives from the Slayer Master while you are there.
- Required items: (Super) fishing explosive / (super) explosive shaker on tool belt
- Travel method: Use the Port Sarim lodestone and you will find Seagulls on the nearby docks. From there, travel south and look for the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon, where you will find ice giants. Travel south to reach the Mudskipper Point, home to the mogres. Alternatively, you can use fairy ring code AIQ for the latter two bones.
- Required items: Ice cooler / ice shaker on tool belt
- Recommended items: Waterskins / enchanted water tiara (not needed if the Crocodile Tears quest is completed)
- Travel method: From Mudskipper Point, use the fairy ring (code DLQ) to get to the Nardah hunting area, and travel west. There are jackals right by the fairy ring. After these, walk south and go west from the Nardah bank to find vultures. From there, run south to the eastern wall of Sophanem, where you will find the level 77 lizards (the lizards north of the fairy ring do not drop the bone). You need to use ice coolers on the lizards when their health is low.
- Desert Lizard - Level 77 Lizards drop the special bone (not the ones with the name Desert Lizard)
- Vulture (north-west of Agility Pyramid)
- Recommended items: Ectophial
- Travel method: Travel to Canifis via lodestone. Head to the graveyard to the north-west to find ghouls then travel south to find werewolves. If you don't want to attack a level 88 werewolf you can attack one of the level 24 citizens of Canifis with wolfbane and when they are almost dead switch to another weapon. Next, travel to Fenkenstrain's Castle and head under it by pushing memorials to the east to find experiments (see the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest guide). Finally, continue travelling east or use the ectophial to teleport to the ectofuntus and head west to the Port Phasmatys farm to find undead cows.
- Another way to reach Morytania is using Kharyrll teleport from Ancient Magicks or POH portal.
- Recommended items: Inoculation brace / relicym's balm
- Travel method: Travel to Feldip Hills using fairy ring (code: AKS) or gnome glider from the Tree Gnome Stronghold. There you will find ogres and wolves. From there travel using fairy ring (code: BKP) and then travel east to Jiggig (south of Castle Wars) to find zogres. Zogres are located within the Jiggig tomb.
Miscellania, Lighthouse and Waterfall
- Required items: Glarial's amulet, rope (from the rope rack next to the raft, if the player has built one)
- Recommended items: Mirror shield, games necklace, enchanted lyre, good armour, good food
- Travel method: Use your enchanted lyre to teleport to Rellekka, take a boat to Miscellania and kill some of the rabbits there. Then head into the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon (killing basilisks will require a mirror shield, as basilisks will dangerously reduce player stats). Then, make a visit to the Lighthouse. Dagannoths are found within the basement of the lighthouse. Good food and armour is suggested, as these Dagannoths are aggressive. Grab a rope and Glarial's amulet, then use your games necklace to teleport to Barbarian Outpost. Travel south towards the Baxtorian Falls, and get into the Waterfall Dungeon to find fire giants in the passage to the north-west.
Tree Gnome Stronghold to Taverley
- Required items: Dusty key / level 70 Agility for pipe squeeze shortcut
- Recommended items: Ring of duelling
- Travel method: Teleport to Al Kharid (using ring of duelling), and take the gnome glider to the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Terrorbirds can be found within the stronghold in large numbers. You can also kill the mounted terrorbird gnomes as well. Use the gnome glider to travel to the White Wolf Mountain, and walk east towards Taverley. You may also use the Taverley home teleport spell, as it is faster. Baby blue dragons are found in the Taverley Dungeon. Bringing an anti-dragon shield or anti-fire potions is advisable as the mothers may attack the player while in the dungeons.
Without Trollheim Teleport
Without the Trollheim Teleport Spell, the easiest way to reach trolls is the Keldagrim entrance. It is located close to fairy ring code DKS. Simply walk there from Rellekka if fairy rings are not an option. The trolls are located just south of the entrance.
- Recommended items: Spiny helmet, light source (preferably lanterns)
- Travel method: Home teleport to Lumbridge. With a lantern, climb through the hole in the kitchen's cellar, and walk south and through the other hole. Go south towards the area full of rockslugs, then head east towards the goblins. Cave goblins are found at the far east of the Lumbridge Swamp Caves. You may also take the entrance in the main spot and find them, although you'll need a spiny helmet. You can also go there by following Kazgar in the hole in Lumbridge Cellar. He takes you to them.
- Recommended items: Varrock Teleport (or Digsite pendant)
- Travel method: Teleport to Varrock, and walk north-east. Bats are flapping about right by the Odd Old Man.
- After you have obtained all the bones, clean the bones using the same method used in the initial part of the quest.
- Give the cleaned bones to the Odd Old Man for your reward.
- The cleaning and submission of the bones to the Odd Old Man can be done in stages.
- After completing the wish list following the Rag and Bone Man quest, the list will have "Non-chafing Manacles" written on it. After completing the wish list following the Fur 'n' Seek quest, you may speak to the Odd Old Man to get an explanation about this.
- 5,000 experience
- Choice of either bonesack or ram skull helm (with the option to switch at any time)
- Skeletal Wishes ( 15) - Complete Rag and Bone Man and Fur 'n Seek wishlists, and have the Odd Old Man rebuild the Skeletal Horror.
- The Rag and Bone Man wish list used to reward one quest point, and completion was thus required to wear the quest point cape. This was changed on 11 August 2009.
- There used to be a glitch where if you checked your quest manual after completing the quest, it said "I gained a bonesack (or ram skull helmet) and 7,000 prayer experience!" This was not true. You only gained the 5,000 experience as listed above. This has been fixed by Jagex.