|Release||17 September 2009 (Update)|
|High alch||360 coins|
|Low alch||240 coins|
|Exchange||2,235 coins (info)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this.|
Raw rocktail is a fish found in the Living Rock Caverns. Rocktails require level 90 Fishing and give 380 experience per catch. Raw rocktails can be cooked into rocktails at level 93 Cooking, and are one of the highest healing one-bite foods in the game.
Rocktails require a normal fishing rod and living minerals as bait, which can be obtained by mining a living rock creature's remains or bought through the Grand Exchange. The Living Rock Caverns, however, are quite dangerous, as players may be attacked by aggressive level monsters. Fishing in the official world for Living Rock Caverns (84) can be safer, as the large number of players there will provide safety in numbers. Any of the shark outfits or the magic golem outfit can be worn to remove aggression from the living rock creatures.
Fishing rocktails gives between 40,000 experience an hour, with level 90 Fishing, and 45,000 experience per hour, with level 99 Fishing. A player with level 99 Fishing can catch around 120 raw rocktails an hour, giving a profit of 263,280 coins per hour (not accounting for the cost of signs of the porter).
|Fishing XP||380 XP|
|Tool XP||44.84 XP|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Barrows: Rise of the Six||N/A||120–150||Common|
|Falador resource bundle||N/A||1–3||Unknown|
|Telos, the Warden||2000||138–1,518||Varies|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
- Rocktail are very similar to RuneScape aquanites, and the real-life Angler fish, as they have a bio-luminescent esca (fleshy-like stem with a bulb that emits natural light) on their heads.
- A player levelling a fishing rod-o-matic or augmented crystal fishing rod by catching raw rocktails would need to catch 894.7 rocktails to reach level 10, or 1,827.8 to reach level 12. This would cost 36,695 or 74,948 coins, and give a profit of 1,963,630 or 4,010,632 coins.
- Following the release of Deep-Sea Fishing, rocktails were no longer the best-healing item and the price crashed as a result.