Revolution is a combat mode that can be toggled from the Combat Settings interface, or by right-clicking the gear icon in the action bar. Revolution automatically triggers the first cooled-down basic ability in your first nine action bar slots which you have the requirements to use. The damage and timing for these abilities is identical to what you would get if you used those basic abilities in Full Manual mode -- in other words, there is no penalty beyond being forced to follow a specific order. Other basic, threshold and ultimate abilities can also be used manually without turning off Revolution. This offers a high damage output comparable to Full Manual mode, without requiring each ability to be clicked manually.
Optimal basic abilities
For any given combat situation, there is an optimal Revolution ability setup that will maximize damage. The abilities below will maximize a stream of damage over a long period for some of those situations. This is not a complete analysis -- it assumes no threshold or ultimate abilities are used, and that there is virtually no input from the user. It does not take into account "overkill loss", lost damage due to hitting higher than a monster's remaining lifepoints. It is not tailored to any specific combat situation besides stun immunity/non-stun immunity, but each of these are reasonably good Revolution setups for just about any circumstance. The damage is listed in terms of ability damage per game tick.
- No stun immunity - 29.65% ability damage per tick
- Stun immunity - 31.43% ability damage per tick
- No stun immunity - 27.80% ability damage per tick
- Stun immunity - 29.73% ability damage per tick
- No stun immunity - 30.79% ability damage per tick
- Stun immunity - 32.95% ability damage per tick
- No stun immunity - 36.57% ability damage per tick
- Stun immunity - 37.73% ability damage per tick
- No stun immunity - 28.95% ability damage per tick
- Stun immunity - 30.65% ability damage per tick
- No stun immunity - 29.25% ability damage per tick
- Stun immunity - 30.98% ability damage per tick
- During the Combat Improvements Beta, it was initially a basic ability that toggled it on and off.