Rope, as one might guess, has many uses in RuneScape. It is used in many quests and in the creation of certain items. It can be obtained by bringing either 15 coins or 4 balls of wool to Ned in Draynor Village, by visiting stores in cities such as Keldagrim, or by spinning yak hair on a spinning wheel. They are commonly dropped by muggers. It can be bought from a sailor on the most southern Port Sarim dock. It can also be found on the ground of karamja's general store.
A list of uses that rope serves, amoung others, is as follows:
- Entering the Lumbridge Swamp Caves.
- Tying up Lady Keli in the Prince Ali Rescue Quest
- Net trapping salamanders with the Hunter skill.
- Making bell pulls with the Construction skill.
- Entering the Kalphite Lair.
- Entering the God Wars Dungeon.
- To ride on eagles on the Eagle transport system
- Level 25 Agility shortcut between Agility Pyramid and Scabaras dungeon.