Hi everyone. I'm nominating Catcrewser for adminship. Catcrewser has been here since 1 November 2008, which means that he's been on the wiki for 11 months now, which is a relatively long time. Looking through his contributions, it is obvious that Catcrewser is very active in our community discussions, an active article contributor, as well as being familiar with how the wiki works and its policies. I believe that Catcrewser being an administrator would definitely benefit the wiki, as evidenced from his many administrator requests, a request that would be of interest is this one where he requested closure for many YG topics (correctly), and thus demonstrates understanding of consensus. I'd also like to point out that when I asked Catcrewser if he had any need of admin tools on his talkpage, he gave a very mature and well thought-out reply, which further shows that he would be a mature and responsible administrator. I trust his judgement and believe that he is more than capable of makign the right call in situations. All the best to Catcrewser in this nomination. C.ChiamTalk 13:38, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
I, Catcrewser, accept this nomination for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realize that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my powers because I realize that this is a serious offence and if the community finds that I have done so, my powers will be revoked and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, TehKittyCat (talk) 13:55, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
Questions for the nominee
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
- I intend to take part in handling Admin Requests, wiki maintenance which is assisted by admin tools, editing protected templates, stopping vandalism when other admins are not available, administrating IRC, helping fellow wikians where admin tools are needed, and changing site CSS/JS.
2. What are your best contributions to the RuneScape Wiki, and why?
- I have no really big contributions, but I view my best contributions are the ones I spend helping others and improving the wiki, which would include welcoming users and wiki maintenance.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- The only conflict that might be considered was Kalindrum and me when Kalindrum thought I took my welcome template from his, I replied in a laughing it off way, but I feel it may have been to harsh still. I will always try to assume good faith, treat all editors as equal, and to never attack any users.
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)
Comment - He hasn't signed yet?. 13:52, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm guessing he's writing a little something for the beginning of the nomination. C.ChiamTalk 13:55, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
Support - I am fully confident in Catcrewsers well demonstrated abilities and sound judgment. He will benefit the wiki even more with those tools.--Degenret01 14:02, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
Support - He definitely deserves the Sysop tools!. 14:54, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
Support - I'm certain he'll use the tools fully for the betterment of the wiki. @Gaz#7521 18:18, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
Support - I am just as confident in Catcrewser as anyone else here. He has always been very helpful and definitely deserves to have these tools. I'm a regular user and I approve this message.
Support - I actualy thought this user was a sysop to start with. Might as well make it that way, you earned it long ago.
Support - He would certainly make good of the tools. Gone. 19:46, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
Support - Nearly every person above me has supported by rephrasing the same two points about him being trustworthy and how he would use the tools well. Just an observation. Evil Yanks talk 04:13, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
Support - Because the first cat person I nominated isn't around so we need another. Kidding aside, he is very well versed in wiki editing.--Varthlokkur 03:08, October 7, 2009 (UTC)
Support - He likes cats, which is an auto-support in my books, but, perhaps serendipitously, he also actually deserves them.03:12, October 7, 2009 (UTC)