Cuxrie has been a fantastic editor for the past year. He has made many contributions to the wiki. He also does a lot of maintenance work, and has bugged me one too many times to delete things. I think he can be trusted with the tools and will make excellent use of sysop tools. --LiquidTalk 18:22, September 23, 2018 (UTC)
I, Cuxrie, accept this nomination for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realise that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my tools because I realise that this is a serious offence. If the community finds that I have done so, my tools will be revoked, and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, - Cuxrie (talk) 20:07, September 23, 2018 (UTC)
Questions for the nominee
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
Article and file maintenance. Mainly image handling such as merging and deleting files (Speedy deletion is probably my most used template). I usually scour recent changes so extra tools would be helpful in managing files and vandalism.
2. What have been your most helpful contributions to the RuneScape Wiki, and why?
My most helpful contributions would probably be contributing images/animations and helping in transparency/translucency. I also try to help in adding information for every new update. Not including any recent updates, one large project for me was getting all the NPC pictures and item DIIs, recording item drops, and just contributing general information for the Dimension of the Damned.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
I do not believe I have had a conflict with anyone. If there is something that I see that may be a problem, or if someone has a conflict with me, I will try to contact them on discord or on their talk page and try to resolve it.
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)
- You said you scoured recent changes on a regular basis and intend to tackle vandalism. That you check recent changes in general implies that you already do revert vandalism. However, I see no evidence of anti-vandalism work based on your user talk edits, i.e. you don't appear to have ever warned a vandal. Could you explain this discrepancy? User:Cqm/Signature
- Hi Cqm 🍕. I would say the majority of the vandalism I have personally encountered were minor; a few edits to a single page by a user. I felt that if I needed to explain something, having it in the edit summary would be sufficient enough. Most minor vandals don't seem to continue after having their edits reverted. I haven't really personally encountered any persistent vandals that required one, but if they continued to ignore the edit message I would not mind adding a warning to their talk page. - Cuxrie (talk) 23:39, September 24, 2018 (UTC)
- As you don't appear to have been in any conflicts with other users, could you describe one you've seen and how you might have handled it if you had been involved? User:Cqm/Signature
- A few months ago a user was blocked for stepping out of bounds after having an argument with other editors, including the blocker. The argument was centered around the user editing something "in the wrong way". The user was left with talk page messages reminding them of how to do it correctly, but not in the politest tone. I felt the user was too overly criticised, possible due to the user's history of infractions, which caused the user to argue back. The whole situation was pretty messy but it did not really reach a point where a block was required in my opinion. If I was involved, I would try to explain to the user politely what was done wrong and what could be corrected. If the user started to argue, continuing to reply in a calm manner would probably have been the best way to ease the situation and not escalate it further. - Cuxrie (talk) 23:39, September 24, 2018 (UTC)
- Timing of this kind of sucks (not your fault as you were nominated by someone else). With forking imminent it is uncertain exactly what the future of the wiki will look like. What do you think should be our priorities going forward and how will you contribute? 10:41, September 28, 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Isobel 👋, I feel like a few points outlined in Forum:Leaving Wikia#What about SEO and traffic? would be good things to prioritise, more so focusing on getting players/readers to move over to the new the wiki. I'm not sure what the full capabilities of the new wiki are yet, but for primary contributions I would try to help keep the wiki well maintained, helping to add content (especially for new releases), and making sure guidelines such as the image and media policy are followed. Hopefully keeping on top of new updates and keeping content to a certain standard that the old wiki will eventually lack, will help in retaining players and readers after the move. - Cuxrie (talk) 19:58, September 28, 2018 (UTC)
Support - Yes.
- REDIRECT User:Merds/Signature 20:13, September 23, 2018 (UTC)
Support - Has helped a lot with the image side of things, given mentoring on Discord and is in general active there and in-game also. For the sake of Cuxrie, let's hope his client gets fixed soon so he can start actually taking images again soon. User:KelseW/Signature 21:27, September 23, 2018 (UTC)
Comment - For the sake of the ongoing discussion about leaving Wikia, just wanted to note that sysop privileges granted by this RfA will carry over to runescape.wiki. 10:44, September 28, 2018 (UTC)
Support --17:44, September 28, 2018 (UTC)
Support - When is your computer gonna work again?! I miss you being super active in image work :) However, you are definitely one of the most promising new editors that we've had for awhile and I think that you will put the tools to good use in image maintenance. You have shown that you're mature and responsible during your time here. I also think that your comment above about conflict that you've witnessed in your time here shows a lot of integrity; having someone who will look at conflicts objectively and form an unbiased opinion is someone I want on board as a moderator.16:58, September 29, 2018 (UTC)
Support - I think Cuxrie will make a fine admin.17:56, September 29, 2018 (UTC)
Notice of intent - After speaking with Cuxrie, he's indicated that he only wishes to be given sysop on https://runescape.wiki rather than here (Wikia). Therefore, the closure will reflect that. Should it pass, he will be eligible for both if he does change his mind in the future. User:Cqm/Signature