Haidro has been a huge asset to the wiki since he joined two years ago. He's a great all-around contributor who's unafraid to take on a big task and then go out and accomplish it. Giving him sysop tools would greatly benefit the wiki and the other admins' work load, as he's often responsible by proxy for various deletions, blocks, and other administrative actions. He's got a great work ethic and I think he'll be around here for a long time to come. ʞooɔ 09:30, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
I, Haidro, accept this nomination for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realise that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my tools because I realise that this is a serious offence. If the community finds that I have done so, my tools will be revoked, and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, Haidro (talk) 09:48, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
Questions for the nominee
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
I mainly intend to do counter-vandalism and some maintenance, along with the odd edit to a mediawiki page or closing an RfM/S/D/YG thread. I'm around in S:C and IRC a lot, so if anyone needs a request done, I will most likely be accessible at those places.
2. What have been your most helpful contributions to the RuneScape Wiki, and why?
Probably my edits regarding new content: creating the update page/s and just getting things up to date in articles, or even creating new articles if necessary. One example would be when the God Statues D&D was released and I created about every page related to the new content. Although not mentioned in this example, I'm also able to get new images of new content or of graphical updated content. With the introduction of starlight ore and its corresponding weapons, I was lucky enough to find a player who had all the weapons, who gladly shared all the info to me, and let me take pictures of the items :). These edits, in my opinion, are really beneficial to the wiki because if we just remained outdated, then we wouldn't really be helpful, right?
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
Since my last RfA, I haven't really been in any conflicts, aside from minor ones once in a while. I feel I've matured a lot since my last RfA.
4. Should this request be successful, which of the following, if any, do you wish to be added to your account: IRC operator; Clan Chat administrator?
- No thanks for OP.
- Also, no thanks for CCA.
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)
- You say that you have matured since your last RfA. Could you give some concrete examples of this? I am mostly curious about Hairr's oppose in your previous RfA - he puts forward some very good points. Are those not valid anymore? If so, could you explain what's changed? Oil4 Talk 09:53, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- While I mostly disagree with Hairr's assessment on the previous RfA (as in I believe most of those points no longer apply), the only point that interests me is the notion of how adminship is regarded by the requester. I know that there are some administrators who view the extra set of tools as a trophy or a certain amount of power. But if a user attempted an RfA with these notions widely known by the community, I doubt he would pass. That being said, I believe Haidro's intentions are directed towards the overall good of the wiki, and I don't think he views being given access to the tools as a "present" any more. Nevertheless, it would be interesting to hear his opinion on the matter. Suppa chuppa 10:05, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- What were the 'good points' that he raised? To me it seems like the second paragraph is a compliment, the third is mostly good except some unsubstantiated claim about him "getting frustrated" by tasks. The fourth is about how the timezone thing wasn't relevant then, but it certainly is now -- with Matt, Brains and Sentra either retired or inactive, Ansela taking a break and Ciph retiring (I think), there's pretty slim pickings in terms of admins on at this time. Looking at chat now, both Suppa and I should be asleep, and Cam is either usually away or not online at all. Hair then talks about a dumb statement Haidro made about adminship being a 'present' although I'm sure it was less important than it seemed. In all he didn't really give any reasons for opposing, but due to its length (not its content) people seemed to take it seriously. ʞooɔ 10:07, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- In my view, Hair's points were never valid at the time, and nor are they now. He just talked about me personally, and never really said anything about why I shouldn't become a sysop. He didn't even bring up my maturity, so as to "what's changed", well, that's really difficult to answer. I guess if you look at Chat logs from December 2012 to now, you might notice a different "me". Haidro (talk) 10:13, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- The main thing that bothered me from what he said was that you described adminship as a prize. I want to ask you a question about that: Could you describe what it would mean to you to be an admin? Don't think it through, give me the first thing that comes to your mind. Oil4 Talk 16:52, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- what exactly do you mean by "a different me"? Ronan Talk 18:32, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- By a different me I meant a more immature version of myself was present back in December, and how that has changed drastically. Haidro (talk) 21:54, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I have never viewed adminship as a prize, nor will I ever. I feel with the admin tools I can contribute to the wiki greater, with the ability to do a variety of more tasks. What it would also mean to me would be how I don't have to ask any other sysops to do tasks for me. I'd be very glad to not have to ask sysops to do duties that I could do. It would just make my life and theirs easier. Haidro (talk) 21:54, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- What make you special from other wikinubs here? MolMan 19:48, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- ^ -- SpineTalk 19:59, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- This is a terrible question and you should feel bad. Suppa chuppa 20:01, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Over the past 5 months between my RfAs I've learnt that I'm not special from other
wikinubspeople. A point that I brought up in my previous RfA was about my timezone, and how some admins have gone inactive in my time zone. Well, sure, this does make me different to other people, but it's not really that big of a deal. Most of the time, despite most being AFK, there are sysops in IRC and S:C. Apart from that, I'm really not that different compared to other users. Just a fellow Dugkip. Haidro (talk) 23:33, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Did you just use the deprecated s tag? I'm strong opposing. MolMan 23:36, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- What on Earth is a Dugkip? Please answer, this is very important. --Shockstorm (talk) 23:40, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- That's cuz you suck. Suppa chuppa 09:57, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Haidro is a solid contributor who would definitely make good use of the administrative tools. He performs a significant amount of maintenance work, and I know he often requests many deletions/blocks/protections which he cannot himself perform. Additionally, we seem to be short-staffed in the eastern timezones, so having an administrator available then would be a great benefit. In the last few weeks since I returned to the wiki, the interactions I have had with him in Special:Chat were pleasant, and I feel that he has matured significantly from how I remembered him. As long as he stays active and makes use of the tools, he'll make a great admin. Suppa chuppa 09:57, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- No offence, but we're all solid contributors, even Mol. Well, not Helmy - he's liquid. 10:09, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Haidro has continued his good work since his last RfA. Everything I said last time continues to be valid. Also, we are definitely short staffed in Australian timezones because certain users are too busy and have left, *cough* 222 talk 10:06, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I think Brains is implying that the last Aussie to leave the wiki sucks. MolMan 18:52, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Hair 02:23, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Who's Haidro?!?!?! I'll tell ya who Haidro is:
- He's an Aussie
- His favorite pony is
Pinkie Pie (unless this has changed)He changed back to Rainbow Dash
- He likes tackling large tasks
- He just wants to be everyone's friend
- Sometimes he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about but can understand when it's been explained
- Sometimes he's too sensitive on certain issues, but that's because he cares
- Sometimes you need to explain something to him more than once
- He's a tad too condoning, but he knows the rules
- Overall, he's a good guy despite being a tad naïve. He does still hold adminship as slightly above the normal user, but I think we all do in some way secretly, and he certainly doesn't view it as a trophy. His view of it is such an infinitesimal that it doesn't matter. Hell, I may have even misinterpreted the context from which I've derived this, but I know what I read. None of that is truly important though. Haidro is a good guy. I still abstain from taking an explicit stance as I'd like to not be superfluous, but there's what I've come to understand; do with it what you will. MolMan 18:27, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
90% support - I think you're a very pleasant person to chat with and you mean well. You're not hot headed or instigative of conflict, and you have convinced me with your hard work and dedication that you'll use administrative abilities for their intended purposes. I'm not wholeheartedly supporting because your grammar and sentence structuring aren't ideal for the many administrative situations that demand clarity and comprehensiveness, such as closing discussions or settling disputes.[example] If you can work on becoming more fluid and succinct in your dialogue, I will comfortably back you all the way. Ronan Talk 15:04, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- To be fair that was never really a requirement... ʞooɔ 21:23, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
Support - From my interactions with him, I'd say he's a nice, helpful guy. His counter-vandalism work also indicates he would have use for the administrative tools, and I'm confident he would use these tools to good use. Smithing (talk | contribs) 05:35, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
- "your"? I'm pretty sure I asked the question. MolMan 23:40, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Spine is a known notorious question thief. His heists are elaborate and devious. Be wary. 17:03, May 22, 2013 (UTC)
Support - I think Haidro will make good use of admin tools. He seems like a very nice person, and is extremely helpful. I would, however, encourage anyone who reads this RfA to take a good look at
|this (raw source)|
| [01:26:24] Haidro: Coel|
[01:26:26] Haidro: why u revert
[01:26:30] Haidro: u undo and say RS:PDDA
- I really don't see how this is relevant at all. I see that more as Coel acting up than Haidro being immature. Suppa chuppa 09:37, May 15, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree with chuppa. But this really isn't the place to discuss Coel. (and there really isn't a need to elsewhere either.) 222 talk 09:49, May 15, 2013 (UTC)
- The logs are from November last year, which pre-dates Haidro's first RfA. The logs weren't brought up then, and I fail to see how they're relevant now. cqm 09:53, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
- Well, the logs were posted by A proofreader on Hairdo's previous RfA. Suppa chuppa 09:55, May 15, 2013 (UTC)
- I was saying the same thing, but our edits conflicted. Temujin 09:57, May 15, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Go Haidro :D17:49, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Pointless pile on support.13:51, May 23, 2013 (UTC)