Hi everyone. I have been editing here for just under 3 years now. After starting out learning how to take and edit images and working mainly with files, I have over time branched out into other areas of the wiki. I have become more active in editing in the main space and undertaken several projects to improve outdated content. More recently I have also been assisting in adding to the wiki’s content about new updates. I am requesting the administrator rights to further help out in wiki’s community, as well as to make my own editing easier.
I, IsobelJ, accept this nomination for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realise that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my tools because I realise that this is a serious offence. If the community finds that I have done so, my tools will be revoked, and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed,13:52, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
Questions for the nominee
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
I currently do a large amount file maintenance edits: I am a custodian and frequently make use of the ability to move files to correct their names; as well as adding categories, licenses and tags to newly uploaded and existing images. I would like to help out more in this area by making use of the ability to delete and merge files, and to fulfil these requests for other users. I would also like to help out in discussions by determining consensus; in moderating [[Special:Chat]]; and in counter-vandalism, using the ability to block users and protect pages if required. I am pretty much always in the Clan Chat and S:C when online so I could easily be contacted by other editors who required an administrator's help.
2. What have been your most helpful contributions to the RuneScape Wiki, and why?
I am particularly proud of working on the scan clues page and skill guides as I feel I made the pages significantly more useful for readers. Rewriting upcoming updates and continuing to document information released ahead of new updates is also something I am pleased with, as I feel that having this added to the wiki in advance is very beneficial to getting content added quickly when the updates go live. I've also continued taking and editing images; I've updated a lot of outdated images (like pets and Farming growth stages) and I try and cut down the number of images needing transparency and translucency when I can.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
I became involved in some conflict with User:AnselaJonla when I was still fairly new to the wiki, as I disagreed with her treatment of some users. This was eventually resolved by putting it to discussion with the community which resulted in Ansela being blocked from editing for some time. I also was involved in some heated discussion about Clan Chat matters in the fallout from Forum:Reforming the Clan Chat. My intention was to see the problems fully addressed so the clan could move on and become a better place, however I think that this may have come across negatively sometimes, as if I was intending to cause more drama or be difficult.
For things relating to conflicts about editing I guess I could say User:Leon Art and I had differing views about including older information about the Mining and Smithing rework on upcoming updates. We solved this through discussion on each other’s talk pages and consulting a JMod on whether the information still applied. Generally I don’t get into conflict on the wiki, but if I disagree with someone I'll start a discussion with them and try to reach a outcome or comprise which is best for everyone. I follow our policies relating to this, which I feel are very important in helping the wiki run smoothly.
4. Should this request be successful, which of the following, if any, do you wish to be added to your account: IRC operator; Clan Chat administrator?
I am already clan admin. I don’t wish to be an IRC operator as I am not active on IRC.
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)
[2015-08-25 21:48:12] <Cook_Me_Plox> do you want to admin be [2015-08-25 21:48:19] <IsobelJ> Nty
(from s:c logs) just curious, is there anything in particular that changed your mind between now and then? :)02:42, April 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Making this request is something I've been thinking about for awhile. At the time Cook mentioned here I had just finished university in real life and I was working a lot on skill guides as I had pretty much endless free time. I didn't want to make a request then because I knew that that situation wouldn't last forever and I wasn't sure how much time I would have to edit once I moved on to having a job etc: I didn't want to become admin and then never be around to help out. It actually worked out okay and I still do have time to contribute to the wiki (though less than before) so I'm not too concerned about this any more.
- Besides that I've always been uncertain about whether I really needed the tools enough to warrant becoming an admin. Particularly because I've never been able to help out as much as I'd like with new updates (I'm British and they take place at an awkward time for me to be online). I'm still not sure about this but I eventually figured that part of the point of requesting administrator rights is for the community to decide whether an editor has enough need for them or not. I believe I've shown I'm trustworthy and that I would be capable of using the tools to the benefit of the wiki, which is why I am offering to help out more as an administrator. 14:12, April 7, 2016 (UTC)
Support MolMan 14:46, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
Support --15:03, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
Support - Isobel has been very helpful with pretty much everything, especially with image maintenance. She has rarely been in any conflicts with other users and is generally very level-headed and mature. I can't think of any reason for her not to be given administrative tools. Also, I respect self-nominations 7:^] -- SpineTalk 15:26, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
Support - I for one support our new isobel overlords. fetus is my son and I love him. 15:31, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
Support -02:42, April 7, 2016 (UTC)