This is probably the most significant case of confusion that led to the above forum.
- Koschei and Karshai are radically different from one another.
- Koschei existed for 9 years before Karshai was shown to be connected.
- Koschei has lore surrounding him that is entirely specific to this form (though it ultimately leads back to Karshai, it's lore significant enough to set them apart).
- Koschei has featured in several quests, without mention or even knowledge of Karshai. He also has a few extra forms in the Dominion Tower.
- Up until completion of the miniquest, Koschei has no idea who he is.
Split - MolMan 12:00, April 23, 2016 (UTC)
Split - Different personality, role, ect.12:20, April 23, 2016 (UTC)
Oppose - It's still the same person. Neither memory change/loss nor a different look or personality make it a different individual. Seren is different (and would probably be progressively different over time) due to you choice of including the Dark Lord shard and/or Elunet during TLW, but she's still Seren. We don't have a page for Amascut prior and after her mental break down, neither do we for Cyrisus, I don't think it should happen here for the same reason.12:58, April 23, 2016 (UTC)
- The fact that they are the same person is irrelevant, see Forum:Revisiting NPC granularity - alter egos. Koschei the Deathless was in the game for 9 years before being revealed to be Kharshai, has a completely different personality, name, appearance, and function in the game, since he serves as a (repeatable) quest boss. Splitting the pages would make it much easier for people searching for information on the quest boss to get to the information they need, and will probably be necessary for the new monster infobox to be implemented, since Koschei the Deathless is actually ten or so monsters.
- I'm sorry, I don't see why you'd have to make a different page for him (or to humour you 'them'). It's just character development. Just a little example: Saradomin also has a appearance depending on in which quest he features, his relationship with the player also changes because of this. With Kharshai it's just more extreme, abrupt, and perhaps even more visual (but I'd disagree with that). I mean if he had Dissociative Personality Disorder (used to be Multiple Personality Disorder) and he'd switch character a lot..okay, I can see a stronger case there (though I still think it's not necessary), with Kharshai it's even chronological and much less confusing. Making and reading several pages (what if essentially the same person) would be more confusing, annoying, and work. Pages are already structured chronologically for the information about the character. And several NPCs recur in several quests and some times you have to fight them twice in a different way, strategies and other important information can simply be placed there too and expanded upon in those subpages like "Zilyana_(Hard_mode)/strategy". 14:36, April 24, 2016 (UTC)
- He more than meets the criteria for splitting. To use one of the examples you provided - Amascut and Sumona are not merged, despite being the same person, because they have wildly different roles in the game. 13:14, April 23, 2016 (UTC)
Support - Significant difference in the characters. User:Cqm/Signature
Support - One is mainly a boss and supporting character in Fremmy quest, the other is a Mahjarrat.20:07, April 23, 2016 (UTC)