- Users should have helped out the wiki in some way, for example
- many edits
- high-quality or high-profile edits
- project involvement
- community interaction
- generally helping out
- These are not hard requirements, so if you think a user should be granted the title, nominate them with your reasoning. The title is not meant to be exclusive.
- Nominees, nominators, and commenters should have a wiki account of at least 2 weeks old
- Currently blocked users are disqualified from being nominated, including being blocked during the process (this does not necessarily include staff-applied global blocks, as they are hard to track and verify)
- Users may not nominate themselves
- Nominations should:
- include a description of why the user should be awarded the title
- use the usual support/oppose/etc comments with optional reasoning
- run for one week
- There is no quota on:
- The number of wiki users that can receive the title
- The number of in-game accounts each user can have the title applied to (but be reasonable as it is a manual process)
- Contributors of the Old School RuneScape Wiki, the RuneScape Classic Wiki, and active non-English RuneScape Wikis are also welcome to be nominated here (assuming they also play RuneScape itself)
These rules were discussed in Forum:The Wikian.
To nominate a user, please follow these steps:
- Let the user know you wish to nominate them - they may decline, in which case stop here. While it is optional to ask before nominating them, it is better to do so beforehand.
- Add the request to the Nominations section of this page using the following format:
===[[User:NOMINEE|]]=== Describe why the nominee should be granted the title. Sign with ~~~~ Account name(s): list the nominee's in-game account(s) ====Discussion==== '''Support''' as nominator. ~~~~
- If not asked beforehand, the nominee should make their declination known now
- The nominee should fill in their in-game account name(s) in the marked section, or check them if already filled in. Make sure that exact spelling of the name(s) is clear:
- Take care with similar-looking characters, e.g. I and l (uppercase i, lowercase L), O and 0 (uppercase o, zero), etc. When in doubt, use all lowercase.
- If the name contains more than once space in a row, use underscores _ for readability.
The request is now ready for general commentary.
After a week, an administrator should determine consensus and close the nomination. The discussion should be archived in the current (or a new) archive.
Successful nominations should have the user (and accounts) added to RuneScape:The Wikian/Users, and the current owner of the Wikian book (Gaz Lloyd) notified - remember that both users (the Wikian book user and the successful nominee) have to meet up in-game to grant the title.
JaydenKieran has been an editor since 2014 and has made many nice edits. User:TyA/sig 21:20, December 15, 2016 (UTC)
Account name(s): list the nominee's in-game account(s)
Support as nominator. User:TyA/sig 21:20, December 15, 2016 (UTC)