Update pages are pages that quote official RuneScape newsposts and developer blogs available from the RuneScape home page. The best way to quote it is to copy and paste the contents of the post. Update pages directly quote these posts. If something is not in the newspost/developer blog, do not include it in the update page.
How to create an update
What to include
- Proper paragraphs and spacing as it is set out in the post.
- Links that are in the newspost and on the correct words as in the newspost. If links are for the RuneScape Wiki on runescape.com, use
- Images that are in the post. These can be uploaded to the wiki.
- Words in italics or bold that are in italics or bold in the newspost.
What not to include
- Fixes of spelling or grammatical errors, or usage of
Exceptions of the rule
- Categorisation is done with this template
- Formatting (line breaks, bolding, italics) to appear similar to the official newspost.
- You must add a link to the update on page for the day and year that it was posted (for example, the Clan Wars update would be added to 10 December, the day it was released, and 2007, the year it was released).
- You must also add a link to the update on its respective category's page (for example, the Clan Wars update mentioned above would go on the Game updates page, under the correct year).