A simple enough question: how will the winners be receiving the prizes for the competition?
22.214.171.124 07:07, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
- The Wikia Gaming category manager, Tae Kim, will buy membership cards. The winners will be contacted before the announcement, and after they are verified he will send the redeem codes to the winners. ʞooɔ 07:12, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
Who will be judging and how were they chosen?--Degenret01 07:00, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- The judges are up in the air right now--We don't have a list or anything. ʞooɔ 17:41, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Once stating there is no list at the moment, a more-useful answer might have included how the judges will be selected and when. It's pretty obvious what kind of info Ghosty is asking for. User:(wszx)/sheeeeple 22:37, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
I read that the word count had to be 750 or less, if we right "Runescape belongs to Jagex Ltd." at the bottom, does that count as part of the word count?---- ZShocksZ
I just want to be sure of something, are we writing about only one specific event in which runescape wiki has helped us? Also, does "written professionally" just mean correct grammer and all of that stuff, or does it mean we have to be really serious about this and can't use any humor in our writing? 126.96.36.199 15:13, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Humor is great! Written professional just means proper punctuation, capitalization, et cetera. It would be best if you could narrate a specific event, but if you think you can write something else, you can submit that as well. ʞooɔ 17:41, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
Hello, Sneakums12 here! Just wondering... I live in the UK, and I guess that you live in the US. If I do win, is it possible to get a card which can be used worldwide, because I have seen on the Runescape website itself that if you purchase a US membership card, it cannot be redeemed anywhere else. Please reply.
Mwahness!! -Sneakums12 17:38, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
So that there's no confusion, here is what's up on the mechanics of the contest at the moment. Wikia is going to pay for the memberships, and Cook is somewhat in charge of the contest (if only because nobody else was at hand). The judges have not been selected, nor has a method of selecting them been decided. There is an aversion to having any large number of judges (probably no more than five), and there is trouble determining how to fairly choose judges. Cook hopes to have selected judges, or at least decided how to select them, sometime within in the next week. User:(wszx)/sheeeeple 00:57, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Point of View?
What point of view does the story have to be in? For example, does it have to be my experiences sitting behind a computer using the Wiki, or could I write from someone elses point of view, like my character?
- I imagine the contest creators anticipated the first scenario. However, I myself think if the second scenario were done well, it would be a very creative, unique and interesting approach that is worthwhile pursuing. User:(wszx)/sheeeeple 00:08, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
Two quick things
I live in the UK, how would the prizes work?
Also, if i felt like i had two good ideas as a response, could i enter them both?
- Prizes will work in the UK or anywhere that does not have trade sanctions with the United States. It would be preferable for you to submit one entry. ʞooɔ 08:45, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
What file format should we use for submissions? A text document directly in the email? A .doc/.docx attachment? Are there other formats that you can accept or would prefer? Thank you.
- A .doc works best for us, but there's no problem with pasting it directly in the e-mail. ʞooɔ 08:45, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
How many people?
I'm just wondering, how many people have entered and how many people do you think there will be total? I want to get an idea of how many people I will be up against. :) --BCampbell0 02:47, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Currently we have 143 entries. ʞooɔ 22:41, June 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks :) --BCampbell0 23:08, June 30, 2011 (UTC)
How much information do you have to put about yourself?
While i have no idea how old this article is ( the giveaway could very well be over for all i know) I see nothing you need to actually put about yourself except maybe a shipping or email address so you can recieve your prize if you win. Remember to sign your post with the signature button or four ~
God vivec1 14:30, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
- We don't need any information about you yet -- if you win, we'll contact you and work out an appropriate way to transfer the membership. ʞooɔ 09:32, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
When Will you tells us when we win?