I want to start a project to make a page (form, template, whatever you want to call it) where a player can enter their RSN and the form will pull their stats from the highscores, and use the Quest API, then compare:
(If a quest is complete, it will omit it from the following lists)
- If the player can start the quest, it will list it in a table with a link to the quest guide, under the heading ==Eligible to Start==
- If the player cannot start a quest, due to skill requirements alone, it will list it under the heading ==Uneligible Due to Skills== *If a player cannot start a quest, due to quest requirements alone, it will list it under the heading <nowiki> ==Uneligible Due to Quests==
- If a player cannot start a quest due to both skill and quest requirements, it will list it under the heading ==Uneligible Due to Quest and Skill Requirements==
The tables will show what quests are needed, and provide a quest tree like you can access in quest guides, so that a player can look through the quests they need to complete in order to start a certain quest.
They will also list skill requirements to start quests. Optional/recomended skills will not be listed. Nor will it list any minigames needed to start quests, such as the requirement to have played at least one game of Pest Control to start Quiet Before the Swarm. I would like to include optional skills and minigame requirements, but as there aren't many quests that need minigames, I feel like, for now, that is beyond the scope of my idea.
I'd need help from more experienced Wiki editors, especially in terms of pulling stats and quests from the API, as I'm not exactly sure how to do that easily... I can do it but the code would be stupidly complex.
20:45, March 2, 2017 (UTC)
- I think the in-game guide for this is quite good and now we can click on the quests needed if we don't have it and the requirements we have have a crossed line on it. But the idea is quite good, we just have to find a way to store all the skill requirements, as the quests requirements are done via Module:Questreq/data. The rest is quite simple, I think 14:18, April 29, 2018 (UTC)
Location to store tables
My idea is to add a column with the location to the store tables, that indicate where items can be bought. Now only the store name is displayed, and they seldom give a clue on where that store is located. Lady Lein (talk) 12:36, April 29, 2018 (UTC)
- Seems like a reasonable suggestion, I don't see why it couldn't be added. I'll find out if it's easy to add. Salix of Prifddinas (Talk) 09:53, April 30, 2018 (UTC)
- It has been added! =D The cache just need to be updated so all item pages will show the location of the shop. The cache will update automatically over time, but it'll take a while. You can force it though by null editing all the shop pages. Null edit means opening the source edit mode of an article and then save it without changing anything. Not sure if that also works for Visual Editor, because I don't use that. :P Salix of Prifddinas (Talk) 13:53, April 30, 2018 (UTC)