Sacred metal fragments are items dropped in The Bird and the Beast world event. 1000 of them can be combined with rare equipment components dropped in the same manner to create cosmetic equipment overrides.
The fragments from the Battle of Lumbridge and these fragments are separate items and could not be used in place of new ones when creating overrides for current events, nor do they stack with one another. They also could not be used to unlock older overrides from previous events.
During The Bird and the Beast, they are rewarded for killing NPC soldiers, destroying or completing building, and when convoys disappear (whether this was due to failure or success), in quantities of 10 to 100. They may also be received while building, repairing or tearing down a building (5 at a time), while siphoning energy for your convoy (6 at a time for small, normal and large wisps, 8 at a time for enriched wisps) and while healing convoy NPCs (4 at a time). It is still possible to receive sacred metal fragments after your energy for the day has depleted. When you receive sacred metal fragments, one of the following messages appears in the chatbox, depending on your actions:
- You find some sacred metal fragments.
- You receive some sacred metal fragments, as a reward for helping to fill the <Armadyl/Bandos> convoy.
- The fleeing <Armadylean/Bandosian> convoy drops some sacred metal fragments.
- To reward your sabotage of the <Armadylean/Bandosian> faction's building, <Bandos/Armadyl> gives you some sacred metal fragments.
- <Armadyl/Bandos> awards your construction efforts with some sacred metal fragments.
They are used to create the following overrides:
|Aviansie wand component||Aviansie wand|
|Aviansie throwing star component||Aviansie throwing star|
|Aviansie claw component||Aviansie claw|
|Aviansie shield component||Aviansie shield|
|Orkish wand component||Orkish wand|
|Orkish throwing axe component||Orkish throwing axe|
|Orkish claw component||Orkish claw|
|Orkish shield component||Orkish shield|
- Until the eighth phase in The Bird and the Beast, starting Wednesday 15 January 2014, sacred metal fragments received while building came in groups of 4.