The sceptre of the gods is an item that may be received when playing Pyramid Plunder.
There is a chance to obtain one by looting the engraved sarcophagus in the 8th room of Pyramid Plunder, which requires level 91 Thieving and 75 Runecrafting. The odds of finding the sceptre are 1/625, which is increased to 1/480 by wearing either master camouflage outfit or at least tier 3 luck ring.
It only provides boosts when wielded. When one is looted, the player will be ejected from the pyramid.
It teleports to the same locations as the pharaoh's sceptre but has an additional teleport to the Golden Palace in Menaphos. The sceptre of the gods has 10 teleport charges when fully charged (20 with the hard Desert achievements completed) as opposed to the 3 charges offered by the pharaoh's sceptre (or 6 after hard Desert achievements).
In addition, when wielding this sceptre in Pyramid Plunder, players receive the following benefits:
- A total of four new urns will be available in the last two rooms which provide a higher chance of obtaining better loot. One by door in room 7 and second east of exit door past trap. In room 8, both are beside the door after entering.
- There is an increased chance of obtaining the Black Ibis outfit pieces (twice as likely).
|91 , 75|
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The sceptre will offer up to 10 (20) teleports to:
- Jalsavrah - the Pyramid Plunder minigame.
- Jaleustrophos - the Agility Pyramid, next to Simon Templeton.
- Jaldraocht - Azzanadra's pyramid in Desert Treasure which is convenient for switching to Ancient Magicks.
- Jalkabir - The Golden Palace, located inside Menaphos.
When there are no teleports left, the sceptre can be recharged, thereby charging it with 10 (20) more teleports, by speaking to the Guardian mummy in the Pyramid Plunder pyramid. It is recharged in the same way as the pharaoh's sceptre. The mummy will recharge it in exchange for any of the following reward items from the minigame:
- 1 Jewelled diamond statuette
- 1 Jewelled golden statuette and 4 Gold Artefacts
- 10 Gold ornaments (seal, scarab, and statuette)
- 20 Stone ornaments (seal, scarab, and statuette)
Note: With the Jewelled diamond statuette it is not required to speak to the Guardian Mummy, the item can be used on the sceptre to recharge it.
The following table shows the total cost of recharging the Sceptre of the gods by buying ornaments from Grand Exchange. This table assumes you recharge your sceptre with only one type of ornament. Note as usual, GE indicative price is not always the price that items are available for. The table also shows the value of the ornaments with Simon Templeton. Sometimes Simon will purchase these ornaments for more than their Grand Exchange value.
|Item||GE price||Quantity||Total cost||Value to Simon|
|Jewelled golden statuette||26,566||1||26,566||12,500|
|Gold seal||910 coins||10||9,100||7,500|
|Golden scarab||983 coins||10||9,830||10,000|
|Golden statuette||2,006 coins||10||20,060||12,500|
|Stone seal||145 coins||20||2,900||3,000|
|Stone scarab||170 coins||20||3,400||3,500|
|Stone statuette||195 coins||20||3,900||4,000|
- If a player that is on your friends list finds a Sceptre of the gods, a server announcement will trigger: News: [Player] has found the Sceptre of the Gods!
- When the Sceptre is looted it appears in the Adventurer's Log: "Whilst plundering the pyramids, I looted the Sceptre of the Gods."
- The top of the Sceptre of the gods resembles an ibis head.
- The sceptre used to be a two-handed weapon like the Pharaoh's sceptre, but it was changed to a one-handed weapon on 31 August 2011 because of complaints that players could not wield the anti-poison totem while plundering.
- Previously, if a player's inventory was full upon finding a Sceptre of the gods, it would have been destroyed. Since a patch it will now appear on the ground outside the pyramid.
- Before 18 May 2015 the sceptre of the gods had a level 30 Magic and 30 Attack requirement to be wielded.
- It is possible to loot a second sceptre of the gods if you have one keepsaked, however the keepsaked sceptre will be deleted if removed from keepsake.
Main hand magic weapons
|Mage Training Arena||
|Dyed seismic wand||
|Dyed wand of the praesul||
Desert pantheon equipment