Sister Anna was a nun at the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede. She aided Abbess Benita with running the abbey, screening potential recruits while Benita dealt with the paperwork. She was rather strict, wanting to enforce harsher rules and punishments than Abbess Benita would allow, which often led to heated debates. She was considered to be Abbess Benita's eventual successor. She wrote three religious texts which can be found around the abbey: 'The Lives of the Seven Priestly Warriors', 'Saint Elspeth and Saint Zilyana' and 'The Stillness of the Feet on the Path of Penitence'.
She was originally from Lumbridge. Before joining the abbey, she worked as a dancer and had a relationship with the troubadour Valerio. One day, they came across a priest who inspired her to abandon her dancing and dedicate her life to Saradomin, though she refused to divulge her "immoral" past.
After interviewing Isabella, a dancer who thought to join the abbey, Sister Anna went mad and killed the applicant, disguising the body as her own to fake her own death. She believed that she had been blessed by Saint Elspeth, being empowered by the saint to cleanse the abbey of unrepentant sinners. She continued her killing spree, killing Sister Elena for continuing her relationship with Valerio, Sister Catherina for dancing, and Sister Cabbage for being a dancing girl. After being caught by an adventurer brought in to discreetly investigate the murder, she fled up the abbey's clocktower, taking Sister Debora hostage. The bell rang, distracting Sister Anna and allowing Sister Debora to disarm the killer and flee. Sister Anna was cured of her madness, then fell from the tower, either being pushed by the adventurer, committing suicide to redeem herself, or believing herself forgiven and trying to fly like an icyene.
- ^ a b Abbess Benita, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "She was my assistant, she would have been my successor when I eventually retired, and she was also my friend."
- ^ Sister Catherina, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "[Sister Anna] interviewed me when I applied to join the abbey. It was like she could see right into my heart. To be honest, at first, she frightened me. I'm not surprised the other applicant left after she met her."
- ^ Sister Elena, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "Sister Anna thought Sister Benita was too lenient with the order's rules.[...]She'd have stopped Sister Cecilia composing - prescribed melodies only."
- ^ Abbess Benita, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "*Sigh*...I thought that was over. A few months ago, Sister Anna brought me a stack of letters she'd found in Sister Elena's room. She was furious. Sister Anna wanted to expel Sister Elena, but I decided to give her a second chance. She appeared contrite. As long as she stopped seeing Valerio, I said she could stay in the abbey."
- ^ Abbess Benita, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I wouldn't say we argued. We disagreed about certain theological issues. We had many invigorating discussions that, I suppose, an eavesdropper could mistake for arguments."
- ^ Valerio, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I knew Anna, many years ago. She was a dancing girl, part of the troupe that I joined when I was first a troubadour."
- ^ Valerio, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "Then when we met that travelling preacher, and she caught religion, she threw her whole body and soul into that as well."
- ^ Abbess Benita, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I don't know much about her life before the abbey. All she told me was that she had led a highly immoral life, and she was glad she'd put it behind her."
- ^ The Killer, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "[The body] Was that unrepentant dancing-girl who thought she could join the abbey. I killed her and dressed her in my robes."
- ^ The Killer, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "They were all...dancers! They weren't worthy to be in this abbey. Saint Elspeth commanded me to remove them!"
|† denotes that a priest or priestess is deceased, ‡ denotes that a priest or priestess is no longer a Saradominist|