Skill outfit add-ons are items won from Treasure Hunter and combined with the headpieces of Experience-boosting sets to grant them additional abilities, whilst maintaining their existing 1% experience boost to their relevant skill. The first batch was released on 5 September 2014, and the second batch was released on 11 June 2015. Players can only win them if they already own the headpiece. Add-ons can also be purchased from Vic's Store when Vic the trader is around. When purchasing from Vic, the list of possible add-ons is not limited to those for which the headgear is already owned.
Each headpiece gains the following effects when modified:
- Offers three daily teleports to a skill-related location.
- Generates items, the number related to the number of additional pieces of the outfit owned.
- Offers a chance to save a skill-related resource or duplicate a created item.
Add-ons are added to their respective headpieces by clicking the add-on while the headpiece is in the bank or inventory.
|Skill||Modified item||Item||Add-on||Added effect||Teleport location||Max daily loot|
|Modified sous chef's toque||5% chance of cooking a duplicate food item (automatically banked)||Cooking Guild||10 Pie shells||4,860|
|Modified artisan's bandana||5% chance of saving a piece of leather (automatically banked)||Crafting Guild||35 Soft clay||19,880|
|Modified diviner's headwear||5% chance of saving energy while weaving or transmuting||Orla Fairweather or Guthix's Cave (if The World Wakes is complete)||3 Chronicle fragments||N/A|
|Modified farmer's hat||2% chance of saving seeds when planting them.||Morytania (Taverley if Morytania is not yet unlocked) allotment patch||4 Bird's nests (seed)||13,012|
|Modified botanist's mask||5% chance of making duplicate potions (automatically banked)||Catherby herb patch||200 Vials of water||26,600|
|Modified first age tiara||2% chance of saving bones when buried or used on an altar.||Player-owned house||3 Dragon bones||6,966|
|Modified blacksmith's helmet||5% chance to save coal when smelting ores||Artisan's Workshop||50 Coal||5,950|
|Modified shaman's headdress||5% chance of saving a charm when infusing pouches||Bogrog||500 Spirit shards||12,000|
- Attempting to attach an add-on while wearing the headwear in question gives the message You cannot modify your headpiece when you are wearing it. Please remove it first.
- Attempting to attach an add-on while the headwear is not in your inventory, equipped, or in your bank results in the message The headpiece that goes with this add-on is not with you. Please collect it from Diango if you have lost it.
Skill outfit add-ons