|Start point||Sumona in Pollnivneach|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
- Speak to Sumona in Pollnivneach.
- Equip your catspeak amulet and attempt to enter the well to the south.
Finding the tomb
- Travel to the desert swamp, south of the agility pyramid. Refer to the picture on the right for help.
- Make your way to the north-west part of the swamp, climb over the pillar and go up the stairs.
Optional: Go west, climb over a small rock wall, and use your rope on a piece of rock jutting out over the edge, this will give you quicker access in the future.
- Walk north of the archaeologists.
- Enter the western dungeon in the cliff face.
Inside the tomb
Note: leaving the tomb or logging out may revert some of your progress in the next section.
- Drop your cat, search the wall on the left.
- Once inside break down the broken door (You will need to turn auto-retaliate off by clicking the icon next to the adrenaline bar).
- Once you have broken down the door, step through it, but do not run any further - there are traps!
- Searching the wall (not the odd markings) temporarily disables the traps.
- Once you have passed two sets of traps, open the door at the end of the hall and enter the room.
- Kill the zombies and skeletons, then wait about 10–20 seconds.
- Kill the level 77 Mummy Warrior and take his key.
- Use the key on the nearby door, pull the lever inside.
- Go back to the starting room (traps on this side are now permanently disabled).
- Do exactly the same again for the right (east) half of the tomb.
- Once both levers have been pulled, run to the middle-north room, all traps have been disabled
- Wear your Ghostspeak amulet and talk to Catolax.
- Use your earmuffs on your facemask.
The final fight
- Equip your masked earmuffs and combat gear, then enter the well in Pollnivneach.
- Head north, kill a Mighty banshee for a Banshee voice (you might need to kill multiple).
- Run north and use the voice on the red barrier.
- After the cutscene, attack the Banshee Mistress, she is weak to bolts but most attack styles work.
- Enable Protect from range prayer before she gets to 50% health.
- Finish the fight and watch the cutscene.
- Pick up your cat and talk to Sumona.
- Quest complete!
- 1 quest point
- New Slayer Master in Pollnivneach
- Ability to earn the full amount of slayer points that can be exchanged for slayer rewards
- Ability to construct slayer items
- Access to the Desert Slayer Dungeon and Tomb of Catolax
- 5,000 experience
- Access to the Desert Slayer Dungeon miniquest
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
- Cool for Ali Cats (When approaching the well in Pollnivneach)
- Under the Sand (After entering the sealed door in the desert tombs)
- Desert Smoke (When descending into Pollnivneach well)
- Slain to Waste (Facing the Banshee Mistress)
|Part 7 of the Desert quest series|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|