It can be tanned into snakeskin by using a tanner for 15 coins per skin, or by using the Make Leather spell at level 83 Magic. Tanners can be found in Al Kharid, the Ranging Guild, Varrock, Taverley, Canifis, the Crafting Guild and Prifddinas. Members can then craft the snakeskins into snakeskin armour.
The hide also is the tertiary ingredient for Spirit cobra pouches which requires level 63 Summoning. Between 63 and 75, this is one of the highest experience pouches that can be produced from crimson charms.
A good place to collect snake hides is near the entrance of the Trouble Brewing minigame on the eastern part of Mos Le'Harmless. There are three poisonous snakes reasonably close together and near the deposit box for the minigame. Bring a Spirit terrorbird for its special ability to renew run energy and antipoison or Prayer book and a Holy symbol, or an anti poison totem from Dungeoneering against the snake's bite. You could also bring a Spirit wolf, using Howl scrolls to avoid attack by Jungle horrors in the single-way combat zone.
Swamp snake hides can also be obtained by using a knife on dead Swamp snakes from the Temple Trekking and Burgh de Rott Ramble minigames. However, these hides are slightly different in colour, and stack in the bank as separate items. Once tanned however, there is no difference between the two.
Demand for snake hides is dependent on the marginal utility of spamming Steel Titan's Steel of Legends scroll for more DPS.
- Players buy snake hide.
- Players use the snake hide as tertiary ingredient in Spirit Cobra pouch.
- Spirit Cobra pouches and its Ophidian Incubation scroll are used to make Cockatrice eggs. This step can be a decent money-making method, anywhere from 2mil-6mil/hour dependent on prices.
- Cockatrice eggs are used to make Summoning Potions.
- Players chug summoning potions and spam Steel of Legends scrolls in high level slayer or bossing. This is one of the best, most cost efficient ways to increase DPS. Compared to hundreds of mils for T99 prays, T92 weps, and maxed perks for 2% marginal increase each, a few summoning potions is a much more effective method.
As long as spamming Steel of Legends remains cost-competitive with other DPS boosting methods, snake hide will be in demand.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||50.5%|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Falador resource bundle||N/A||1||Unknown|