|Release date||5 June 2017 (Update)|
|Strongest monster||The Magister (level 899)|
|Dwarf multicannon allowed||No|
|Quests taking place here||Icthlarin's Little Helper|
|Inhabitants||Corrupted creatures, Soul devourers|
The Sophanem Slayer Dungeon is a Slayer Dungeon located in south-west Sophanem. To enter and begin killing monsters within the dungeon requires level 88 Slayer and completion of part of Icthlarin's Little Helper.
The dungeon can be easily reached through the following methods:
- The fastest method is to use a Sophanem Slayer Dungeon teleport tablet. The ability to craft them is gained upon reaching rank 4 with any of the Menaphos factions.
- Use the Menaphos Lodestone, go through the gate connecting the two cities and run south-east. Using this method requires completion of Contact!.
- Teleport to the Luminous wisp colony south of Sophanem via a Max Guild's skill portal and head north for the dungeon.
- Take a magic carpet flight to Sophanem. Upon arrival, run south and the enter the gate. Once inside, a Menaphite guard is located at the dungeon entrance, located on the southernmost side of the large southern structure.
- There are several access points to the magic carpet network, including:
- Shantay Pass to southern Pollnivneach to Sophanem
- Ring of slaying or the slayer cape perk to Sumona in Pollnivneach then run south to southern Pollnivneach.
- Pollnivneach tablet then run south to southern Pollnivneach.
- There are several access points to the magic carpet network, including:
|Monster||Combat level||Slayer level||Weakness|
|Corrupted scorpion||98||88||Water spells|
|Corrupted scarab||101||91||Fire spells|
|Corrupted dust devil||107||97||Crush|
|Corrupted kalphite marauder||110||100||Arrows|
|Corrupted kalphite guardian||110||100||Earth spells|
|Corrupted worker||113||103||Water spells|
|Salawa akh||106||105||Water spells|
|Feline akh||109||107||Water spells|
|Scarab akh||122||109||Fire spells|
|Crocodile akh||115||111||Water spells|
|Gorilla akh||111||113||Water spells|
|Imperial mage akh||130||117||Arrows|
|Imperial warrior akh||130||117||Water spells|
|Imperial ranger akh||130||117||Crush|
To kill the monsters in this dungeon (barring the Magister and his summoned akhs), the feather of Ma'at is required in the player's inventory. One is consumed for each kill, unless the player has unlocked the overall reputation reward slayer feather buff at 141,900 reputation, which has a chance of preventing the feather from being consumed. They can be obtained from Shifting Tombs, or from the Menaphite guard outside the dungeon.
There are twelve different types of monsters in the dungeon; six are labelled as "corrupted", while the remaining six are labelled as "akh" (soul devourer). Both types are a possible assignment from Kuradal, Morvran or Sumona, however Sumona has the highest chance to assign them. Some monsters can be killed for another task, e.g corrupted kalphite marauders for a kalphite task. The first half of the dungeon contains corrupted creatures, while the second half contains soul devourers. As players venture deeper into the dungeon, stronger monsters will be encountered.
The Sophanem Slayer Dungeon also has multiple chests throughout the dungeon; one at the entrance, another near the salawa akhs and a final one near the First Gate. The chest will automatically gather drops from the monsters, reducing the need to manage the inventory during a task. Players may opt to disable the auto-loot feature if desired. If this feature is disabled, there is a 20% chance for monster drops to be doubled. Tertiary drops, with exception of vital sparks, will not get doubled. If the player dies with loot collected in the chest, they can either pay a small fee (which increases as the total value of items held in the chest increase) or forfeit all of the items inside. The chest can only hold up to 30 different items. Any new items that the chest tries to take in for storage is instead dropped by the monster onto the ground.
The dungeon also has a corruption feature. Stacks are added as the player kills the monsters in the dungeon. They are given in 1, 2, 3, and 5% intervals, depending on the monster's slayer level and type. For example, killing corrupted scorpions or salawa akhs (the weakest monster in their respective category) would add 1% to the player's stack. Killing corrupted workers or imperial guard akhs (the strongest in their respective category) would add 5% to the player's stack. For every stack obtained, the player takes and inflicts 1% additional damage. The normal maximum cap of this corruption is at 25%. The Magister's chamber also shares the corruption feature, though the corruption cap is temporarily doubled to 50% when fighting him; upon his death, it resets back to 25%.
In the corrupted worker, feline akh and crocodile akh areas is a Font of Elidinis which will remove all corruption stacks the player has accumulated.
Once aligned with a faction, players can gain reputation from killing the monsters in the dungeon. The stronger the monster, the more reputation is awarded. If killing the monsters on a slayer task, the reputation gained from killing them is doubled.
Players start off in a three room catacomb containing only corrupted scorpions, scarabs and lizards. There are two shortcuts in this area: one near the scorpions that drops players off to the feline akhs, and another near the scarabs that drops players off to the gorilla akhs. At the corrupted lizard room is a rope that leads to the remaining section of the dungeon. To unlock these shortcuts, players must clear the large rock blocking the way in the second half of the dungeon.
In the next section is a spiral path going down, where the remaining corrupted monsters can be found. At the base of this section, soul devourers can be found. A bridge heads deeper into a more developed area, where the imperial guard akhs (warrior, ranger and mages) are found. The First Gate is right past this group, where the Magister resides.
The dungeon has several features, including signature drops which are shared by the common monsters:
- Corrupted magic logs - tainted magic logs, these can be fletched for more Fletching experience (nothing is created from it), or burned for Firemaking experience.
- Vital spark - used to create several unique sigils.
- Key to the Crossing - a special key which allows players to battle the Magister.
- Corrupted gem - a gem that can be combined with a mighty slayer helmet to create a corrupted slayer helmet, a tier 80 helmet (in addition to 1000 slayer points).
- Khopesh of the Kharidian - Tier 82 main-hand melee weapon that can be upgraded using the Magister's drops to the tier 92 Khopesh of Tumeken. The off-hand is obtained in Shifting Tombs and can also be upgraded using the Magister's drops to the tier 92 Khopesh of Elidinis.
- Diary of Oreb ( 25) - Discover and read all five journals of The Magister.
- On release, there were several issues in the dungeon:
- There was a bug where the chest ignored the player's luck of the dwarves ring, resulting in them getting drops that would be filtered from it, such as flax and molten glass. This was hotfixed on 20 June 2017.
- A rogue tile in the dungeon would remove any corruption stacks the player obtained if they stood on it. This was fixed with the 19 June 2017 update.
- When killing the monsters on a slayer task, upon finishing it, any monsters that died after the task completion gave normal reputation rather than doubled reputation. This was also fixed with the 19 June 2017 update.
|Troll Country & The North||
|Tirannwn & Galarpos||